Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ga. State Patrol issues the 45 GAP pistols. I'm just curious as to what advantage the round has over the 45acp. Please enlighten me about the pros/cons.....

Charles

·
Registered
960 Posts
The Ga. State Patrol issues the 45 GAP pistols. I'm just curious as to what advantage the round has over the 45acp. Please enlighten me about the pros/cons.....

Charles
Charles, you know, I was wondering the same thing! I want to shoot one side by side with my 36. Love to hear from a GAP owner!!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I understand the advantage is fitting more rounds in a smaller grip making the weapon more ergonomic for those with small hands.

I looked at one when i was shopping for my G23 GEN 4, I was at Cabella's at the time. They had a Glock GAP (dont remember the model), but no GAP ammo in stock!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yep - .45 caliber in a standard sizes grip. Ammo is less common locally.

Denver PD armorer I spoke to loved the round and said it had proved effective in more than one OIS.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Glock commissioned the creation and development of this round to have a .45 round that would efficiently fit into their compacts. There is a slight size difference and a stronger case but from the ammo dealers I have talked to at gun shows they say there is virtually no difference in round effect.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The advantage for me is that my hand fits the grip.I shoot my 37 better than my other Glocks.I just can't afford to shoot it as much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts