Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I own a G17 gen 4 which i carry for law enforcement.. I always place a bullet in the chamber when on duty and i have noticed that after a long period of using the same magazine as a primary mag , the first bullet i insert in the chamber , appears to have scratches on it. I believe the scratches are occured due to metal with metal rubbing. Can you please help? Has anyone had this problem before? And if so what is the solution? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
21,516 Posts
metal lips on the mag will scratch the brass casing. its not going to hurt anything but rotate out the first round to avoid set back

·
Registered
21,516 Posts
I have a couple of rounds the rim is chipped its be re-chambered so much. first time shot brass is fairly thick. for safety rotate the rechamber round out

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I rotate my loaded round out and inspect the rounds occasionally. I also shoot my carry rounds off every so often chambering the round just causes metal in metal contract that causes that long scrape down the bullet. I don't recall what exactly causes it but I recall looking at the issue and it was easy to see what was going on.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I often rotate my loaded round out, as well as my loaded mag, but in all honesty I don't give them time to get scratches, I use my guns every other day at the range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.