Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Iam shooting a G17 and it won't eject or feed the next round if i am using JHP. FMJ have zero problems.
any tips?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to sound flip, but use the FMJ and get rid of the stuff your G17 won't shoot. Also, if you are planning on concealed carry of this weapon then field-test your hollow points before you load them up to carry them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My g17 does not like Fiocchi 115gr JHP but likes Remington UMC 115gr JHP. What ammo were you using? Look for a round tip JHP.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I will bet it is safe to assume this is a GEN 4 G17 ?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
What makes you say that????? Are you hearing issues with the Gen 4's and HP?
Not especially Hollow point but the G17 GEN 4 I had would not function with the lower powered ammo and it had the current correct recoil set up. I sold it and bought a G19 GEN 3 it shoots everything.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a new G19 Gen4 i used cheap ammo in it worked fine for me dont know how old is your G 17 is my 19 was made this month 7 - 4-2012 then again havent used Hp in it ill do it on my next excursion

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have a new G19 Gen4 i used cheap ammo in it worked fine for me dont know how old is your G 17 is my 19 was made this month 7 - 4-2012 then again havent used Hp in it ill do it on my next excursion
I am sure Hollow Point wont make any differance. It is really wierd how some of the GEN 4 9mms have problems with the lower powered ammo and some dont, with and without the latest recoil spring set up. As I have said in other threads, I cant figure why Glock would think a 9mm needs a dual recoil spring. I havent heard of anyone using a GEN 3 single spring in a GEN 4, wonder if it would work?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I say if it fits, try it. I believe the worst thing that could happen is the spent casing doesn't eject due to an under powered spring.
I bet it would work, after all the mass being moved is the same as the GEN 3. Hope someone tries and lets us know.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Have a brand new Gen 4 G17 I have not fired yet. Maybe this weekend. Hope it goes well!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I bought a Glock factory rebuilt gen4 G-17. I have no idea of the actual round count but I have almost 500 rounds thru it. 90% of WWB and 10% of my carry ammo Hornady CD, I have never had any problems with anything so far. Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts