Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tonight my wife and I were watching 'Cajun Pawn Stars' on TV. A man brought a box of gun parts in to the man at the Pawn Shop who was supposed to be the "Gun Expert". The man that brought the parts in was supposed to be a 'gun collector'. He said he took the guns apart to clean them and did not know how to get them back together. This "gun collector" had field stripped a 1911 Colt and what appeared to be a G17 (it was a full size GEN 4 but I could only get a quick look). The Expert in the gun shop said he wanted to have a gunsmith put them back together.
The pawn shop gun expert said the colt was a 100 year old 1911 and the Glock was a "Popular Police Service Revolver"

Now the whole time this is going on I am telling my wife "I cant believe how stupid these clowns are", and she is laughing at me.

The 'gunsmith' came in and put them back together in a flash of course. The 'gun collector' wound up selling the 1911 to the pawn shop for $1200.

I no longer watch that program.

Reactions: Tinstar

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sure question the 'Reality' of these type of programs. I am sure everything is arranged, pre-scheduled and rehearsed. When I tell my wife that she tells me "It is TV, dont take it so seriously", but I still call out the inaccuracies in not only the reality type shows but in movies also. I count the rounds being fired and let her know how many rounds in a magazine in the weapon being fired. She just shakes her head and rolls her eyes at me. :}

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
... I still call out the inaccuracies in not only the reality type shows but in movies also. I count the rounds being fired and let her know how many rounds in a magazine in the weapon being fired. She just shakes her head and rolls her eyes at me. :}
Same here. Drives my wife crazy, too :)

Have you seen a movie called "Way of The Gun"? Very realistic gun play throughout. Once I got past the first scene (extremely foul language), it was quite cool.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same here. Drives my wife crazy, too :)

Have you seen a movie called "Way of The Gun"? Very realistic gun play throughout. Once I got past the first scene (extremely foul language), it was quite cool.
Glad to hear I am not the only one that does that. I will try and find "Way of the Gun". Thanks.

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Since we are on the topic of movies... if anyone enjoys Gun Katas, I know I do. Equilibrium with Christian Bale is an excellent movie for that.

[video=youtube_share;tINWl0gzQWI]http://youtu.be/tINWl0gzQWI[/video]

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AAAAHHH, Hollywood !! (eyes rolling)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts