Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have difficulty firing the short-barreled 19 quickly; my wrists aren't strong enough to control the flip well. Other than working out, which is difficult at my age, I am considering some form of muzzle brake. Does anyone have an opinion (I'm sure you do) about whether it would be practical to buy a G17 barrel (1/2" longer), and have it MagnaPorted. I'm sure if I asked Glock they'd tell me that "any modification would void the warranty", but the question is, would it work?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
it might be better to go to a 19c or a 17c with the compensator already built in. the g17 has a little more barrel and will aid in keeping the muzzle down.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
You can get a ported barrel for your G19. Lone Wolf barrels are pretty affordable. Also try different bullet weights you might notice a difference in recoil/muzzle flip.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome! And I also have to agree with barstoolguru said. Don't even think about a .40! You will see muzzle flip like you never imagined! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wouldn't the ported G19 bbl require modification to the slide? I would prefer not to do that. That's why I was hoping that the slightly longer G17 bbl, since it would extend in front of the slide by a half inch, could work ported. Maybe I should just live with it, or buy a G34. I've fired one of those and have no difficulty controlling the muzzle flip.

·
Registered
960 Posts
The first time my wife fired my G23 she almost threw it back over her head.
JackRussell, that is funny! I mean after knowing nobody got hurt, the way you worded that is hilarious!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts