Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased my first firearm, a Gen3 G19, brand new in case, and have put 180 rounds through it. Today I did a field strip and cleaning, and upon reassembly, I performed the three safety tests as detailed in the Instructions for Use manual -

1. Trigger Safety Test: check
2. Trigger Reset Test: check
3. Slide Lock Open Test w/2 empty magazines that came with the gun: First Mag: Check, Second Mag - FAIL - slide did not stay open. Is this mag now trash? If so, that's a PIA, as it's brand new.

With the first mag, there is an audible click when the slide lock engages, with the second (failed) mag, no click. I repeated the test several times, with the results being the same each time, so it has to be the mag that's defective. I'm assuming it's not safe to use this mag again?

Thanks,
G19Man

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
check and see it the mag in engaging the slide lock ( left side of the mag when inserted )

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
did you remove the slide lock?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Barstoolguru,

I did not remove the slide lock. Upon closer inspection of the mag in question, I discovered the feeder was pushed down into the mag chamber slightly...I pushed it down and it popped back up into proper position, like the other one - problem solved! :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Hi Barstoolguru,

I did not remove the slide lock. Upon closer inspection of the mag in question, I discovered the feeder was pushed down into the mag chamber slightly...I pushed it down and it popped back up into proper position, like the other one - problem solved! :)

some times it just the simplest things but glad we could help.... post some shooing pics if you can

·
Registered
880 Posts
Look for a little burr on the polymer on the magazine that the follower could be hanging up on. If there is one, a simple trim with a knife will solve it. Also check for numbers on the magazine followers and see if they all match. Glock upgrades them once in a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts