Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking of converting my Gen 2 G21 to a longslide or building one. Lonewolf has the conversion, but says it fits the Gen 3. Is there a significant difference in the frames other than the light rail? If it is not compatible, is there a source for a Gen 3 frame? I will post the same question to them, but in my experience with manufacturers' lately, they don't answer emails in a timely manner, if at all.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I am thinking of converting my Gen 2 G21 to a longslide or building one. Lonewolf has the conversion, but says it fits the Gen 3. Is there a significant difference in the frames other than the light rail? If it is not compatible, is there a source for a Gen 3 frame? I will post the same question to them, but in my experience with manufacturers' lately, they don't answer emails in a timely manner, if at all.
Thanks.
Just ran across these yesterday...Might want to check with them on which Gen...I'm sure there are more sources...
Complete Receivers-www.glockmeister.com

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I am under the impression that a Gen 3 upper will fit a GEN 4 slide and vice versa. Is this not true?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suprisingly enough, LoneWolf has already responded and the longslide will fit my Gen 2. That cuts cost significantly. Although, building a Glock 21 Longslide from scratch would have to be as much fun as building an AR. :D
Thanks for the responses. I will check out Glockmiester for the Gen 3 frame.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses. I am pretty fired up at the idea of building this. It will be a few months while I buy the parts before it is done. Pics will definately follow.
I checked Glockmeister and they are out of stock on the Gen 3 G21 frames. I can do that farther down the road though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts