Glock Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new guns to the range this weekend. I was all over the place on Saturday.... vast improvement on Sunday but I'm consistently low.

It's been a while since I've shot and I think shooting on Saturday helped me get the flinch syndrome out of my system. Shooting on Sunday I was able control my firing much better...

I'm think I'm going to have some trigger work done to lighten them up a bit... I think I'm pulling down which is weird. I usually yank to the right if anything. Overall I really like the guns!!!

:cool:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
As I and others have posted elsewhere on this Forum, the 3.5# connector helps the stock Glock trigger immensly, lightens it a bit (not to 3.5#) and smooths it out considerably making for a crisp trigger break.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
As I and others have posted elsewhere on this Forum, the 3.5# connector helps the stock Glock trigger immensly, lightens it a bit (not to 3.5#) and smooths it out considerably making for a crisp trigger break.
what he said...^
Also, like you said it's been a while since you shot...some more practice will help as well...happy shooting to ya...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try to get that done before next shoot... see how it works.

Do I need to get the trigger springs replaced also?

Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I will try to get that done before next shoot... see how it works.

Do I need to get the trigger springs replaced also?

Thanks guys!!!
If these are new then no you wouldn't need to change out the springs. I haven't heard anyone outside competition shooters seeing any difference. The 3.5 Ghost should do the trick. There are a couple out there. One is the Rocket it offers an adjustable trigger break adjustment bar which required filing to get the right fit. The Ghost is the the same as factory but lightened 3.5 pull, you could polish it yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3.5 ghost would be your best bet. look up the sweeping technique trigger pull.. i've started using this technique the past couple months and it has helped me create very consistant patterns.
I put the Ghost connector in both pistols today.... I will try them out this weekend.

I just read the following article A “Sweeping” Trigger Technique - Handguns which is interesting because I do much better when I just point and shoot instead of taking time and slowly engaging the target. So hopefully I get a tighter group this weekend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Concentrate on your trigger full and focus on the front sight.

Look into getting a LWD 9mm conversion barrel for either (or both) of them. Less recoil and cheaper to shoot. I love mine!
I think I will try that for the 22 just for cheaper ammo and practice. Any problems with misfeeds?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i just put the storm lakes conversion barrel on my g22 and with the ghose 3.5# connector its like a whole new gun. My groups have tightened considerably an props to storm lakes for making such an awesome product
I noticed that thread... I'm going to have to get me one of these.

·
Registered
16 Posts
polygonal. i think they made a mistake not putting that on there website. i called before i ordered to see for myself which one it was and it ws polygonal for their conversion barrel. i'd say its the same for the rest of their barrels as well but im not 100% if that the case

·
Registered
16 Posts
do they recommend changing out the ejector gray wolf? i have a storm lakes conversion barrel but didnt really see anything said about that i haven't had but just a few FTE's over the course of at least 400 rounds which doesn't mean anything really to me either

·
Registered
16 Posts
the FTE's both came when i ran thru some of that cheap tuhla ammo with steel jackets i had layin around to see how good the barrel really fit so i just chalked them up to the cheap ammo. it took forever to clean the carbon deposit it left on the barrel and it was only 40 rounds!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went to the show last weekend. One of the smallest attendance I've seen lately. Did trade a G22 (too big for my hands) for a G23. Also found a guy selling and installing Ghost 3.5# triggers. Got one in my 23 and also my EDC 27. Amazingly smooth and light in drty firing. Going to range tomorrow to try it out.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Went to the show last weekend. One of the smallest attendance I've seen lately. Did trade a G22 (too big for my hands) for a G23. Also found a guy selling and installing Ghost 3.5# triggers. Got one in my 23 and also my EDC 27. Amazingly smooth and light in drty firing. Going to range tomorrow to try it out.
I think you will like it. The reset is snappier too.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
do they recommend changing out the ejector gray wolf? i have a storm lakes conversion barrel but didnt really see anything said about that i haven't had but just a few FTE's over the course of at least 400 rounds which doesn't mean anything really to me either
Don't know if they recommend it, but I wouldn't change the ejector unless I was going to make the conversion permanent. You're supposed to swap the RSA on gen4 guns tho.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts