Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So im debating ordering the Lonewolf 9mm barrel for my Gen 4 Glock 22. Other than dropping the new barrel in, and getting 9mm magazines, are there any other modifications that I should do as not cause any unnecessary wear or damage? Lone Wolf's website says that the barrel will work in the Gen 4 Glocks, but I need to order a 9mm recoil spring for it? Are they referring to the old 9mm recoil spring? or the Gen 4 recoil spring (is there even a difference between G17 and G22 Gen 4 springs)? The site also mentions changing the guide rod adapter? Yup, Im a newbie.

Could someone be a dear and list what all I should order? Thanx much!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Since yours is a GEN 4 G22 I would order the GEN 4 9mm recoil spring as the GEN 4 spring is a dual spring set up and the GEN 3 is a single spring. I doubt the G22 and the G17 share the same spring but that would be a good question to ask Glock. As far as a Guide Rod Adapter I am not sure what they mean.

Downsizing the G22 to a lessor caliber would not cause any extra wear and tear and in my opinion would be easier on the weapon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanx for clearing that up. I put the oder in... sucky that the barrel is in back order til the the 12th of next month. Im guessing longer lol. Also can I use the Gen 3 Glock 17 magazines? Not able to locate the Gen 4 mags...?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The GEN 3 mags will work fine unless you reverse the mag release to the other side of the handgun. (for lefties). The GEN 3 mags do not have the cut out on the right side of the mag for the reversable mag release.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts