Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... Underwater! Happy to report magtech brass cased rounds cycle flawlessly... Underwater! Yes I am serious. On a side note the front sights on the trijicon N/S set are not water proof (Glock issued N/S date code 2010), however the rear sights are water proof. I would recommend using a glock with stock sights for storming a beaver dam or similar activities.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Interesting...I can't stand those rounds anyway, so I stopped taking my Glocks into the bathtub. lol :p
Didn't know that about the nite sights, though...Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the video I have is on 2 different phones, I will try to get it posted this evening.

Rowabi, ya those rounds suck, I did get about 237 down range with no issues, not underwater.... lol...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm using Blazer 180 grain in my 23 (above water) and find them every bit as accurate as my Ranger 180 grain bonded JHP carry load. At 20 feet on a good day I can put round after round either on top of each other or atleast touching. I can't do that with a lot of loads.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Did the front trijicon sight come loose?

rowabi took his G23 into the bathtub to try and shoot his rubber dicky....almost took off his big toe.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Did the front trijicon sight come loose?

rowabi took his G23 into the bathtub to try and shoot his rubber dicky....almost took off his big toe.
lol...I hope you meant "ducky"...:rolleyes:...wasn't my fault, durned thing wouldn't hold still...
I guess that's why duck hunters don't use Glocks to hunt them... :p

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
OOOps, I did mean Ducky !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have you guys seen the guy on you tube shoot his into a garbage can full of water?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As far as the blazzer aluminium cased rounds go, they cycled fine above water, fairly accurate (not that I notice much as I kind of suck at shooting,lol) I just prefer brass if I am paying retail after tax...

No the sight did not come loose, it just does not glow any more.

I do have video on my phone, working on the upload/formating

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
my experience aluminum casings are the bullet will get loose in the case and when chambered the bullet enters the forcing cone at an angle (small but enough that accuracy will suffer) and you chance bullet set back and higher pressures

1 - 10 of 10 Posts