Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Gen 4 G26 sticks when dis asssembling sometimes and I notice that the metal disc on the end of the guide rod and spring is scraping the plastic lower section. it seems to drop down off the ramp of the barrel. This is the same gun that stays open 1/4 inch unless you really let it slingshot back. The spring does not have enough tension to force the slide closed all the way by itself. Also sometimes if I am not careful when I put the slide back on, it will go up over the back slide tabs instead of the tabs going in the grooves. When this happens, it take a bit of luck and forcing to get the slide off again. I dont have these problems with my G19. I am also not sure if I like these plastic guide pins.
Steve

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
you can call Glock and tell them you are having issues and they will probably ship you out a new recoil spring assembly. They're very inexpensive.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
replace the recoil spring and give it a wipe down of oil with the spring compressed and lighty lube the rod

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I will call Glock today. I hope that they will send me a new rod and spring assembly. I do not want to send my 26 back to them even though I would still have my 19.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Yes I will call Glock today. I hope that they will send me a new rod and spring assembly. I do not want to send my 26 back to them even though I would still have my 19.
Sounds like the best plan.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
You really need to do that...I'm sure they will make it right for you...Let us know what they say...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You really need to do that...I'm sure they will make it right for you...Let us know what they say...
I called them this morning and they are sending me a rod and spring assembly. They didnt even ask for the ser # of the gun. Hopefully that is the problem.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I knew they would...if you have any problems with the new one, PM me...hope that takes of it... :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I called them this morning and they are sending me a rod and spring assembly. They didnt even ask for the ser # of the gun. Hopefully that is the problem.
Good to hear. They are good people down in Smyrna and I hope this fixes your problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts