Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been discussed a billion times, but it's the first time from me. I purchased a factory 12 round mag and a factory G17 mag. I threw on the x-grip for the G17 mag. Here's my thoughts:

I hate the way the G26 feels with the G17 mag and x-grip. I've never owned a full sized pistol before, so maybe I'm just not used to it, but I actually prefer the stock grip of the G26 over this. I hate the way my pinky felt trying to grip the G17 mag/x-grip. The x-grip does what it's supposed to however, and it stays in place. I turned the mag upside down and it did not budge.

I absolutely LOVE the way the stock 12 round mag feels. It too gives you a place to put your pinky, similar to what the x-grip does, but it just felt better to me. It also didn't add too much grip to the G26, and will still be easy to conceal.

In conclusion, I will probably keep a 12 round mag in when CCW 90% of the time. The other 10% I will just use the factory 10 round mag. A G17 mag with x-grip will more than likely be my backup (unless it feels too bulky then I'm sticking with another 12 round mag) or for when I'm home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,767 Posts
I'm sure this has been discussed a billion times, but it's the first time from me. I purchased a factory 12 round mag and a factory G17 mag. I threw on the x-grip for the G17 mag. Here's my thoughts:

I hate the way the G26 feels with the G17 mag and x-grip. I've never owned a full sized pistol before, so maybe I'm just not used to it, but I actually prefer the stock grip of the G26 over this. I hate the way my pinky felt trying to grip the G17 mag/x-grip. The x-grip does what it's supposed to however, and it stays in place. I turned the mag upside down and it did not budge.

I absolutely LOVE the way the stock 12 round mag feels. It too gives you a place to put your pinky, similar to what the x-grip does, but it just felt better to me. It also didn't add too much grip to the G26, and will still be easy to conceal.

In conclusion, I will probably keep a 12 round mag in when CCW 90% of the time. The other 10% I will just use the factory 10 round mag. A G17 mag with x-grip will more than likely be my backup (unless it feels too bulky then I'm sticking with another 12 round mag) or for when I'm home.
1 billion and one now...lol...but that's ok. That's how we find out what's out there...Seems that right now we're in a season of magazine issues/problems/questions. It's good to get a report of practical experience, so we can share the knowledge.And thanks, by the way, for sharing your findings... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,865 Posts
I use the stock mags in all my Glocks, I have the Pierce plus 0 on most of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL thanks rowabi.

Tex, yeah I saw those Pearce extensions. I'm too much of a chicken to change the base plates. The 12 round factory mag is my best solution and 2 extra rounds doesn't hurt either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
960 Posts
The base plate is very easily removed and replaced. I use a set of channel locks and soft rag to wrap around the magazine to unlock to base plate and a punch or Glock Armorers Tool to slide the plate off. Just gotta remember to hold on to the spring because it will launch across the room. Believe me, that is my extent of taking down guns and parts. I like to disassemble the magazines every now and then to clean the inside and spring. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,865 Posts
LOL thanks rowabi.

Tex, yeah I saw those Pearce extensions. I'm too much of a chicken to change the base plates. The 12 round factory mag is my best solution and 2 extra rounds doesn't hurt either.
Here is my secret to changing them: "Sir I want to buy those Pierce Plus 0 mag extensions, INSTALLED please!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
960 Posts
Texcowboy, I really like your method! I do that with sights, no question! :)
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top