Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although i have owned a G26 for over8 years but its been shot only a couple hundred rounds. and has been cleaned and lubed and kept safely.

Lately i decided to understand the gun and use it a few time in the range. I've been debating and finally upgraded the trigger connector to a Ghost Rocket 3.5lb
I also did a very light polish on the contact points to get a better feel and it did make a difference.

I noticed this lately and i want to know is this normal or should i have this looked at.
After the Ghost install (but i never noticed nor pay attention to this before). The the sliding motion to depress the safety striker (SS) button is not vertical (Gun pointing away and looking through the magazine chamber) when i pull the trigger. It moves from 11 oclock position to the 9 oclock position and very close to the edge when the SS is depressed and does release the trigger. I would assume the motion should be linear and move across the center or close to the center of the SS.

Is there something i can do to remedy this ??

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
That seems odd. The trigger connector has no relation to the rotation of the striker. Is it possible that the spring at the bottom on the Striker Safety is not seated properly? It should be seated securely inside the Striker Safety. If is't not on properly I could see where there might be some rotation. Check out this animation for information on the firing process and working of the safety.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That seems odd. The trigger connector has no relation to the rotation of the striker. Is it possible that the spring at the bottom on the Striker Safety is not seated properly? It should be seated securely inside the Striker Safety. If is't not on properly I could see where there might be some rotation. Check out this animation for information on the firing process and working of the safety.
The trigger BAR has a tab that is in contact with the striker safety button when you pull the trigger lifting the SS and allows the striker to hit the bullet. It should slide across the SS it its in the center but if its translating on the flat surface to the side like mine from (11-9 position) than tends to lift and turn since the motion is a torque. Im sure of this because i have looked at it many times. I said lift in this case because thats the way the gun is held in real life. but depress when i view from the magazine chamber.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The trigger connector has a tab that is in contact with the striker safety button when you pull the trigger lifting the SS and allows the striker to hit the bullet. It should slide across the SS it its in the center but if its translating on the flat surface to the side like mine from (11-9 position) than tends to lift and turn since the motion is a torque. Im sure of this because i have looked at it many times. I said lift in this case because thats the way the gun is held in real life. but depress when i view from the magazine chamber.
The trigger connector does not touch the striker safety at all. The trigger bar does. If your trigger connector is rubbing across the striker safety then you have bigger problems than a 11-9 rotation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The trigger connector does not touch the striker safety at all. The trigger bar does. If your trigger connector is rubbing across the striker safety then you have bigger problems than a 11-9 rotation.
Sorry my mistake
My initial posting was correct trigger bar
My changing the connector was not an issue but the concern i have is with the trigger "bar" to the SS

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Sorry my mistake
My initial posting was correct trigger bar
My changing the connector was not an issue but the concern i have is with the trigger "bar" to the SS
I just got home and had a chance to look at mine. I do notice some movement in my striker safety pin too but this would be normal if it does not look like the video then the only other thing I can think of is maybe a binding issue. I would check to see that everything lined back up properly when you reattached the trigger bar to the trigger group.

[video=youtube_share;558hETnd6pk]http://youtu.be/558hETnd6pk[/video]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for making the video - yours starts at 10 and ends at 8 from my estimation and moves in a vertical direction. I also notice your trigger bar is very close to the side wall hence not able to move to the side (9 0clock) position.

I further investigate what caused the trigger bar to move to the side
I have a Ghost Rocket trigger connector and the bend where the trigger bar (round end) rides on the bend, has a slight radius on the inside corner. NOt as sharp as the OEM one. hence the radius rotates the trigger bar as the trigger is depressed and pushes the bar closer to the frame. this movement causes the trigger bar to move to the side.. I will call Ghost tomorrow and see what the say

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thanks for making the video - yours starts at 10 and ends at 8 from my estimation and moves in a vertical direction. I also notice your trigger bar is very close to the side wall hence not able to move to the side (9 0clock) position.

I further investigate what caused the trigger bar to move to the side
I have a Ghost Rocket trigger connector and the bend where the trigger bar (round end) rides on the bend, has a slight radius on the inside corner. NOt as sharp as the OEM one. hence the radius rotates the trigger bar as the trigger is depressed and pushes the bar closer to the frame. this movement causes the trigger bar to move to the side.. I will call Ghost tomorrow and see what the say
That was my next question, if you have a Rocket it takes a little bit of manual tuning with a file to get it to ride just right. I checked my G23 and I have no movement except up and down. I don't think there is anything to worry about but you may need to adjust the Rocket a fraction of a bit. Is this the one you have?
35_rocket.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes thats the Ghost rocket connector i have and its not the part where i am suppose to file/grind that causes the rotation or side movement. Its the back portion (protrudes out of the screen) The part im sure is bent and cut but the inside radius is causing the trigger bar to move outwards from the picture = causing the part to move to the 9 oclock position.

They should have under cut that corner and remove the radius and that will not be causing the trigger bar to ride on the radius

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yes thats the Ghost rocket connector i have and its not the part where i am suppose to file/grind that causes the rotation or side movement. Its the back portion (protrudes out of the screen) The part im sure is bent and cut but the inside radius is causing the trigger bar to move outwards from the picture = causing the part to move to the 9 oclock position.

They should have under cut that corner and remove the radius and that will not be causing the trigger bar to ride on the radius
Can you post a pic of yours?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts