Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Gen 4 G19 and a Gen 4 G26. The trigger on my 19 is very smooth as I pull it back to where there is more resistance. On my 26 there is an actual click before it travels this distance. It feels like the trigger safety is not releasing all the way and is catching before it releases. Yes I am depressing the safety all the way. If I take a bick pen and push the safety in further from the backside of the trigger, it will pull back smoothly. Is there a fix for this without sending the gun back?
Steve

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
NO, there is no fix, sounds like the safety is catching as you squeese the trigger. What you can do is mail it back to Glock (75.00 shipping) or just buy a new trigger assembly and see it that fixes the problem. I replaced the trigger in mine and it takes all of ten minutes

here is a link for a trigger ass. 16.00 free shipping. takes about 4 days to get it
Glock Factory Part Trigger with Trigger Bar Glock 19 23 26 27 32 SP02303 | eBay

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
or you might ask Glock about it, and see if they'll send a shipping label if it needs to go back...just sayin'...(770) 432-1202

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good News! I fixed it myself this morning. I took the trigger assy. out thanks to instructions on a Youtube video and dissassembled the frame. I then saw where the plastic safety lever was catching and filed off a wee bit of plastic. I then reassembled the gun and it pulls very smooth now and the safety still works to boot.

I think the most important instruction in the video was to move the slide lock lever lateraly to get the trigger pin out and to hold down the spring to get it back in. Thank God for Youtube! I did not want to send it back to Smyrna unless I absolutely had to. Thanks to you folks on this forum too. I felt better attempting this operation with the knowledge that if I got in trouble, you guys were here for advice.

Steve

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
good to go but there has to be a reason for this to happen so keep an eye on it fot a while

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good to go but there has to be a reason for this to happen so keep an eye on it fot a while
I think that this gun was abused in the gun store before I bought it. This is the same gun that needed the slide rod and spring replaced too. I thought it was odd that this small shop would have a Blue Label Law enforcement G26 in stock. I think it was ordered for someone else and tried out at a range by someone who was not pulling the safety down far enough and burred it up. I also think that the slide rod and spring assembly was removed and replaced with a bent one. It worked out well though, because the store owner was looking to sell it, and questioned me to see if my wife or I were involved with the fire department or military. I informed him that my wife was in the County Fire Auxillery and we got the gun for the law enforcement price. It all worked out in the end. I just wish that I knew about the Blue label Glocks when I bough my G19.

Steve

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I also think that the slide rod and spring assembly was removed and replaced
This happened with a lot of Glock’s with the double spring assembly so I wouldn't sweat that. The defective spring chip breaks and the gun doesn't cycle anymore so you trigger might have gotten damaged while trying to remove the slide
As far as the blue label goes Glock discounts so many guns for law enforcement, it’s the same gun as white or red labels so I can only imagine that it’s for tax and publicity reasons

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I think that this gun was abused in the gun store before I bought it. This is the same gun that needed the slide rod and spring replaced too. I thought it was odd that this small shop would have a Blue Label Law enforcement G26 in stock. I think it was ordered for someone else and tried out at a range by someone who was not pulling the safety down far enough and burred it up. I also think that the slide rod and spring assembly was removed and replaced with a bent one. It worked out well though, because the store owner was looking to sell it, and questioned me to see if my wife or I were involved with the fire department or military. I informed him that my wife was in the County Fire Auxillery and we got the gun for the law enforcement price. It all worked out in the end. I just wish that I knew about the Blue label Glocks when I bough my G19.

Steve
Guns are the same, just allocated differently...And next time, you know how to save a bunch of bucks...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Certainly he had shown the weapon to others potential buyers and during that exchange someone had to have pulled the trigger and realized their was an issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts