Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! First post here. I just bought a glock 27 gen4. I ran about 50 rounds through it, and I won't lie.. about 20-30 rounds in to this adventure, my finger was asking me to stop shooting. The trigger pull seems fairly heavy. I've shot some 9mm, full size 45s, small 380s and 38spcl.. none of them have hurt my finger.

Whats the deal here? Do I need to get a lighter trigger pull, or am I just being a baby :)... I know its much larger then a 9 MM but surely that wouldn't cause so much trigger finger pain.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
First off, Welcome to the Forum. The Glock comes with a 5.5 lb trigger pull. You can lighten this to about 4.5 lbs with a 3.5 connector and trigger spring.
This is the first time I have heard of a trigger finger hurting from squeezing a Glock trigger.
Are you sure the 'snappy' recoil of the 40 cal is not catching your finger?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Try putting a piece of tape or a band aid on your finger where the rub is. Some people like a smooth trigger, you can get one for about 20.00

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off, Welcome to the Forum. The Glock comes with a 5.5 lb trigger pull. You can lighten this to about 4.5 lbs with a 3.5 connector and trigger spring.
This is the first time I have heard of a trigger finger hurting from squeezing a Glock trigger.
Are you sure the 'snappy' recoil of the 40 cal is not catching your finger?
What do you mean by snappy? I am going to try to shoot it again later and see if it happens again. Not really sure how to see what the problem is.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
What do you mean by snappy? I am going to try to shoot it again later and see if it happens again. Not really sure how to see what the problem is.
First, please remember that felt recoil is very subjective. By snappy I mean that to me the 40 cal recoils upward more than other calibers. For instance, to me, the 45 cal, 357 auto and 10mm recoil more with push to the rear then upward.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have to agree with Texcowboy. My Glock 23 (.40) is very snappy compared to my 36 (.45). Snappy meaning the recoil makes the firearm want to go up in the front when fired. The 36 seems to push more back towards my body. Not unusual with Glocks .40's.

Welcome to the Forum by the way! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to agree with Texcowboy. My Glock 23 (.40) is very snappy compared to my 36 (.45). Snappy meaning the recoil makes the firearm want to go up in the front when fired. The 36 seems to push more back towards my body. Not an unusual with Glocks .40's.

Welcome to the Forum by the way! :)

Im in calculus based physics right now studying this stuff, I might look into it :)

If the higher caliber guns are making more of an explosion, it will definitely flip the gun up more.. One thing I need to work on is not letting my trigger finger come off till after i have sight picture again. Im watching the magpul tactical videos for carbine/hand guns and trying to incorporate that stuff.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Never had my trigger finger hurt, but had the slide catch my hand once or twice. Then I changed my grip.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I have a gun digest book (Massad Ayoob circa 2010) and there is a shooter in it with tape on their trigger finger so it's not uncommon to see it

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had discomfort shooting Glocks sometimes when the lower pad of my trigger finger is rubbing the trigger guard and sort of sliding down the trigger face under recoil (not a great description probably). I generally shoot pulling the trigger with the finger pad, but I started moving to the first joint on my Glocks which solved the problem. That hasn't seemed to hurt accuracy at all, and may have actually helped because I get the impression of having a somewhat better grip on the gun, particularly my G21.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Which part of your finger are you using to pull the trigger?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Which part of your finger are you using to pull the trigger?
That is a very good question. I used to use my fingertip but have much better control using the first joint. Lefty and righty!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Is your finger getting pinched or just tired from pulling the trigger? if you dry fire it 30 times fast would you have the same problem?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Is your finger getting pinched or just tired from pulling the trigger? if you dry fire it 30 times fast would you have the same problem?
That's a very good point. Dry-firing will not hurt a Glock, no doubt. It will definitely give you a better idea what your finger would feel like after lots of trigger pulls! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts