Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TITLE SHOULD SAY G26. SORRY I AM ON MY PHONE.

Finally got out to the range. I held off while I waited for all of my mags and ammo to arrive. This was my first time ever firing a handgun, so you can either consider these results pure -- in that I couldn't use my skill to overcome some of the problems -- or as skewed because my aim isn't the best. Up to you. Here is my report.

I used 6 different brands, all 124 grain, +p hollowpoints, at around 10 yards away on a medium sized target.

First let me say that whether I used the 10rd mag, 12rd mag, G17 mag with an x-grip, or the 33rd mag, everything felt the same to me. I had no issues with handling the G26 even with the 10rd mag. Also the slide release worked with zero issues. I didn't have to switch grip positions to release it. I pulled down with my thumb and the next round was ready to go.

REMINGTON GOLDEN SABER HPJ : I am unsure if I fired 10 or 12 of these but I have 10 hits on the target. Nothing hit the bullseye, 3 rounds got close (LOL). The BG would have died as everything did hit the abdomen. It fired with no issues.

REMINGTON GOLDEN SABER BONDED : I think I fired 12 of these off. 10 hit the target, with 3 bullseyes and 3 more close by. This ammo grouped better and almost everything was center mass. Also no problems feeding. Rated this one high and will purchase more.

FEDERAL HYDRO SHOK LE : I fired 17 of these and 16 hit. 3 bullseyes, 7 close by. In all 14 of the rounds would have killed the BG. Rated this high too and will buy more. No issues feeding.

FEDERAL HST LE : I think I fired 22 of these with 18 on paper. No direct hits, was all over, a few arm shots, and only 12 would have put the BG down. Fed well.

WINCHESTER PDX1 : Fired 16 with 13 on paper. Grouped good, 2 headshots, 5 bullseyes, everything that hit was a kill, BUT one round got jammed trying to feed. I don't know if it got bent when I was loading it or what hut that was my only issue the whole day. Loved the accuracy but that is making me not consider it.

SPEER GOLD DOT LE : I got 15 out of 17 on paper, with 2 bullseyes and 3 headshots. 10 out of 15 would put the BG down for the count. No issues feeding. I experienced more recoil with these.

The winners were the federal hydro shok, Remington bonded, and MAYBE the Winchester pdx1. You can always use my plan b, and that's to throw in a 33rd mag. I used two of them with federal fmj rounds and tore the target into pieces. Solution found.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Glad you enjoyed your first trip t the range and found your favorite ammo. It is good, of course, to be familiar with your carry ammo, for practice the Winchester White Box is a good price at Wal Mart and Cabella's if there is one near you.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Congrats...you've been bitten by the range bug...thanks for the report...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts