Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Glad I installed the rear adjustable sight on my 36. Seemed to react well to my bad shooting. LOL! I first shot the .380 because that thing is always accurate! Then the 23. Same results. Good as usual Then the 36 before adjustments then after. I have lots of targets but will show the one after a made an adjustment to the rear site. Then a little bonus video that was really fun!! :)

G36.2.jpg G36.jpg

[video=youtube;GhNlxsFd5bM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhNlxsFd5bM[/video]

Sorry about the size of the target pictures. I will have to resubmit them from my other camera.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Better Pics!
IMG_0356.JPG IMG_0357.JPG

I'm very happy with the results considering how far off I was shooting on the first day with the 36! :)

P.S. Lots of tips from this forum helped too!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Good shooting !

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I love those impact color targets, they are great for old eyes

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love those impact color targets, they are great for old eyes
Yep! I love them. Get them really cheap at Wallyworld. My eyes are definitely old and tired. Wearing contact lenses is a huge plus at the range. My better half has to wear glasses because she can't wear contacts from the injury she had. That's why the laser on the .380 works well! :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a righty who shoots long guns left handed cause of my cross-eyedness :)
Did you ever try your pistols left handed? Just curious. I can fire pistols with either hand but much more accurate left handed. There's no way I could fire a long gun right handed. :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Did you ever try your pistols left handed? Just curious. I can fire pistols with either hand but much more accurate left handed. There's no way I could fire a long gun right handed. :)
Yeah, I'm decent shooting handguns left handed, but better as a righty. My left eye is so dominant that I shoot all guns with both eyes open and have no problem picking up the proper sight.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I'm decent shooting handguns left handed, but better as a righty. My left eye is so dominant that I shoot all guns with both eyes open and have no problem picking up the proper sight.
Understand totally. I was doing the both eyes open method but realized after a while it was messing up my sight picture so I went back to left eye open. :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The better half saw the video. She realizes how much I love the 223/5.56. Got the authorization to shop for the one I want plus accessories! I like The Predator that I fired at the range. We did a loth of gun swapping for test firing. So I got to fire my .380, my 23, my 36, his 1911, XD9 and AR15! Now that is an awesome day at the range! Had way too many FTF's and FTE's with the Sig Sauer .380. It's own its way to Exeter, NH for some warranty repairs as we speak! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am really a lefty (hands, NOT politics :), but I shoot pistols right handed by preference and long guns left handed. Now that's messed up... I'm sure it is because I learned to shoot handguns with my dad's old Colt Woodsman that had a right handed thumb rest. For fine control while target shooting I use one eye to sight, but I am comfortable with both open as well. I did a lot of trap shooting a while back and you just can't be very successful without both eyes open. At least most folks can't. (My disclaimer in case someone disagrees.)

ArmyCobra1: Don't overlook Stag Arms. They source parts for a lot of AR "assemblers" and build a line of honest to goodness left handed AR rifles. I like mine. Or did until the unfortunate accident when it was lost while shark fishing.

Glad to hear you are still lovin' the 36.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts