Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched, with no luck, for a rubber slip on grip sleeve for my 36. I have read a few stories about the Hogue being "trimmed" to fit. Anyone know of a one that will fit on the 36 with no mods? Not looking for decal type "stick on" grips. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
the G36 is so new I don't think anyone make one

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the G36 is so new I don't think anyone make one
That's what I'm finding out. I'm told the Hogue 17000 will fit with some trimming but as you know about me already, I'm not good with personal mods!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have Talon Grips on both Glocks, my M&P 40, my shield and my LCP. They come in a gritty texture or rubber. I chose the rubber for my gun. Hope this helps, Dave

Talon Grips for Glock
I have seen them. Only question is, do they leave residue on the grip if I decide to take them off? Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have never taken them off, but I was told from Talon was if it does use fingernail polish and a cleaning patch and it would all come off. Dave

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
That's what I'm finding out. I'm told the Hogue 17000 will fit with some trimming but as you know about me already, I'm not good with personal mods!
its 8 buck .... common!! you know me.... you can do it and if it sucks in the draw with the rest of the boo boo's

Reactions: ArmyCobra1

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, I do know you. You like adventures a little more than I do! LOL! but I'm getting a little more confident every day! Thanks for the support!! :)

And an $8.00 boo boo wouldn't be so bad.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you might want to use fingernail polish remover unless you are looking to colorize. Just make sure the color matches your outfit :)
Oh yea! I'm all about using the right color to match my mood!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Yep, I do know you. You like adventures a little more than I do! LOL! but I'm getting a little more confident every day! Thanks for the support!! :)

And an $8.00 boo boo wouldn't be so bad.
just remember there is a top and a bottom ... top is at an angle and the bottom is strait. There is a palm swell on both sides so you might have to trim a little off both ends but I doubt It., with my G26 all I did was the bottom. Use a hair dryer to soften up the rubber taking it on or off

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just remember there is a top and a bottom ... top is at an angle and the bottom is strait. There is a palm swell on both sides so you might have to trim a little off both ends but I doubt It., with my G26 all I did was the bottom. Use a hair dryer to soften up the rubber taking it on or off
Ok. I'm gonna buy one. Probably pick it up Friday when I go to the gun store. Going to check out the .357's. I want one of these in the worst way! Maybe Friday, maybe not.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I had Talon grips on a couple of mine, still do on the G33. When removed they left no residue.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
the thing I like about the hogue is you can take them off and put them back on easy.
Going to check out the .357's
glock or wheel gun ?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts

The G33 is great for CCW, weight, size and power wise and the G32 is a fine all around size the same as your G23.

Reactions: ArmyCobra1

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the thing I like about the hogue is you can take them off and put them back on easy.

glock or wheel gun ?
Glock, for sure! They have a great stock of Blue Labels. The on site Glock Armorer is an absolute joy to deal with. He will spend whatever amount of time I need (or want) and is very patient!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

The G33 is great for CCW, weight, size and power wise and the G32 is a fine all around size the same as your G23.
Thanks! Leaning more towards the 32. We'll see! :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Glock, for sure! They have a great stock of Blue Labels. The on site Glock Armorer is an absolute joy to deal with. He will spend whatever amount of time I need (or want) and is very patient!
G32...May be my next one, too......A lot of gun for $400, lol

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
While picking up some ammo at Wally World, notice a nice little small grip sleeve. Size says "Medium (Compact Large Autos)". I thought for $5.97, why not?? Fits the 36 like a glove! Perfect, no trimming, no nothing! Comes in a yellow package. Made by Butler Creek. :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts