Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard this will work without any other modifications. Can anyone confirm? Also, will it work on both a G30 AND G30SF?

I just got a G36 recently and sure would love the option of having the thinner slide on a frame that would support more rounds.

Thanks in advance!

-d

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
It's been done, apparently successfully, by some ...It's also rumored that we will hear more of a model like this at the next S.H.O.T Show....just sayin'... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I would only add that while some say no other modifications are needed, a "reputable source" told me that "if" Glock were to make a pistol like that, proper spring tensioning would be the focus...that is, "if" such a pistol were manufactured... :D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
DSCF0556 (640x480).jpg DSCF0554 (640x480).jpg

i have both the one on the left is the 36 and right is the 30. it might be hard to tell the difference in the pic but there is a good size difference between the two and the 30 is a little different shape.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
have you tried to switch them...? I haven't, but a Glock tech told me it can be done, though I don't endorse it myself, without personally having tried it

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That's exactly why a designed/manufactured pistol of this nature is so appealing to me...I'm trying to find out how that LE agency is enjoying theirs...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone here ever actually done it and fired it with success? Any one EDC in this configuration? Thanks!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I can't speak for the 30 or the 36 but like 1jimmy says there might be a difference. I was always under the impression because you could swap to mags that so the frames are the same thickness but upon a closer look there is some differences in them. Take the g23 and the g26; put them together and you would think there was just a length difference but actually there is a thickness difference in too. This was noticed when I got a form fitted holster, one gun fits tight where the other fits lose

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I can't speak for the 30 or the 36 but like 1jimmy says there might be a difference. I was always under the impression because you could swap to mags that so the frames are the same thickness but upon a closer look there is some differences in them. Take the g23 and the g26; put them together and you would think there was just a length difference but actually there is a thickness difference in too. This was noticed when I got a form fitted holster, one gun fits tight where the other fits lose
while those differences are obvious, going back to the two models in question, G30, and G36, they look different too...After speaking with techs at Glock, they say that while you can swap to that configuration in question...and pay great attention here...THEY DON'T RECOMMEND IT...Like I said before, some have said that it can be done, and I've read it on other forums...but if you ain't seen it, and Glock doesn't recommend it...I wouldn't do it! Wait for the real deal...

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
trust me I am not one to be a test subject to see if something works. guns have no good outcome when something doesn't work right

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
trust me I am not one to be a test subject to see if something works. guns have no good outcome when something doesn't work right
I hear ya...that was more so intended for the OP...I too like the concept, but until I see it for myself...I am nobody's guinea pig...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
glock tech certainly knows more than i, however i can't see with the difference in size how it would work and be safe. and no i didn't try it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks gang, great info as always!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I've heard this will work without any other modifications. Can anyone confirm? Also, will it work on both a G30 AND G30SF?

I just got a G36 recently and sure would love the option of having the thinner slide on a frame that would support more rounds.

Thanks in advance!

-d
correct me if I am wrong but the whole idea of the 36 was to have a thinner gun and a loss of carry ammo is a trade off.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
correct me if I am wrong but the whole idea of the 36 was to have a thinner gun and a loss of carry ammo is a trade off.
Yep...but somewhere down the line, someone (including some Major LE dept's) decided they wanted the best of both worlds...Good capacity, AND a thin slide...This is rumored to be in the works ;), but it has also supposedly been done by some enterprising and pioneering folks that like it...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Well, it's simple, gotta have both! May as well throw in a 21 just to complete the set!!

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm so "torn" about what to buy next! Lol! Very anxious about the .357, but the 10mm makes me just as anxious! Well, guess I will get the AR, then look at some more Glocks! :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
I would like to have an "arms room" just like in the Army! If I could afford an arms room, I could afford to fill it up!!:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts