Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
I have a couple of Glocks and couple of rifles
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am shopping around for a leather holster for my Glock 43x. I’ve looked at a lot on line. I like the Galco OWB 141 in the brown. Has anyone tried this brand of holster, if so what did you think of it?

Mike

·
Super Moderator
220 Posts
I’m not able to find the exact holster by that number (141). I have owned Galco in the past and they are quality.

I stopped using leather for Glocks though because eventually is does soften and there’s a risk of it getting into the trigger guard when holstering (accidental discharge). All of my leather holsters were inside the waistband so the pressure from the belt when the gun wasn’t holstered probably caused them to loose shape a little quicker. I’ve just come to prefer a hard shell for the gun and the better retention they give.

I would think outside the waistband would hold up longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
220 Posts
Unfortunately, leather has been removing gun finish since guns have had finish. The good news with a Glock is the protection comes from the metal treatment instead of the finish. So the appearance of holster wear doesn’t affect the corrosion resistance of the gun.

I think a G20 deserves a quality leather holster - it just feels right. There’s just not really anything that can be done about holster wear though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
I have a couple of Glocks and couple of rifles
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a holster for my G20, I was looking for a holster for my new 43x. I’ve already paid for a new holster. It’s an OWB, it’s made of a mahogany leather. I am sure it’s going to be fine for an EDC holster.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I own and have owned many Galco holsters. They are OK, but I do not think the leather is ever as supple or long lasting as it should be. My really durable, supple, and long lasting leather holsters all come from: Del Fatti, Tucker, and Kramer.
In recent years I, too, have switched to using Kydex and polymer holsters along with one or two Blackhawk nylon-knit holsters. (Which are, indeed, easy on gun finishes; they are also stiff-topped and remain open after the draw.)

With the exception of my stainless steel handguns, worn finishes are par for the course on those pistols which I carry the most often. I mean: WHO CARES!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts