Glock Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like i have searched every inch of the internet and cant find anything on so hopefully some one here knows where i can get one. I have been trying to find a rail adapter made for or will fit my G36 and ive been searching for weeks and cant find anything. If any one knows where i can find one or is trying to sell one please let me know and leave me a link to where i can find it. Thank you

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't think there is a rail adapter for the single stack 36. What are you looking to add to it?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Short of actually modifying the frame I don't believe there is any way of mounting attachments to the underside of the barrel. There are other options as far as laser sights go but if you were looking to add a bayonet I believe you might have to trade for a 30. However, if you find an attachment with a clamp style mount and groove out the frame I suppose with the right amount of force it would be possible to "create" a rail system on the 36. But when I look at mine it seems that the frame is tapered and you wouldn't get uniform pressure on it without fabricating your own rail. I don't really recommend modifying your frame but it's your gun.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
there is a co that makes a magnate that glues to the bottom of the dust cover to accommodate lights and lasers. do a search on You Tube and they are in there

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think there is a rail adapter for the single stack 36. What are you looking to add to it?
ive got a light that i want to be able to attach to it. the only thing i have found that could work was a surefire mount on ebay but the last one sold before i could get it and i havent been able to find that mount any where i guess sure stopped making them and im not trying to do anything to the frame i just want some sort of mount that i can just attach and i dont want to buy a small section of rail and super glue it on or anything i want to be able to remove it to.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sounds like you need a G30 or 30s. The only other option would be to fabricate something and I would lean more towards attaching it to the front of the trigger guard but you have to keep in mind that the recoil from that weapon is going to take a toll on however you mount your light. The last thing you want is your light on the ground after one round. I carried the 36 for about 2 years and eventually traded it for the 30 due to the fact that it had a rail on it and the mags would be interchangeable with my 21. Just some food for thought, the 30S will give you a slimmer slide with the SF size grip and 4 extra rounds of ammo in the mag. The size difference is there but I don't find it to be too large for comfortable carry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts