Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two major problems with the reversible mag release...1) When you flip it around to accommodate a left thumb function, it now makes insertion of the mag a little difficult because of the way the tops of the mags are cut. There's a slightly slanted edge that allows the mag to glide past the catch until it's locked in. If you flip the catch, you now end up fighting the top of the mag, because it is not slanted to allow easy insertion on that side of the mag. I hope all of this makes sense. 2) The cut on the magazines to allow for a left handed mag release have a slightly different cut, which effects how the mag seats in the receiver. All of my casings were coming out bent...looked like the letter D. Flipped the release back around, problem corrected.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The magazines aren't truly setup for an ambi magazine catch. I'm wondering, how can they not know this?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I changed mine to lefty and didn't experience that. Or maybe didn't notice. I will have to take a closer look. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look at the magazines, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Hmmmmm....??

·
Registered
960 Posts
I checked it out and I really don't see it. I'm thinking for as long as I had it changed over to lefty, I would have noticed the rounds looking different.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I would try and file it so it looks like the other side. try one and see there should be enough plastic there

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked it out and I really don't see it. I'm thinking for as long as I had it changed over to lefty, I would have noticed the rounds looking different.
You're not staring at the tops of the magazines long enough. Lol. One side has a small slant. Honest. Lol.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would try and file it so it looks like the other side. try one and see there should be enough plastic there
I was thinking about doing that.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd like to keep it set up for a left hander...but the bent casings bug me. Should I not be concerned about that? I don't reload. The gun has never failed.

·
Registered
960 Posts
You're not staring at the tops of the magazines long enough. Lol. One side has a small slant. Honest. Lol.
Oh, I believe you! No doubt! Just gonna have to look closer! I don't like the idea of me, a firearm (or magazine), with a file! Just doesn't sound like a good combination to me!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is a 27 that were talking about.

·
Registered
960 Posts
This is a 27 that were talking about.
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that! Maybe that's why my Gen 4 23 looks different!

I completely forgot you carried a 27!

·
Registered
960 Posts
If I was still "27" years old, I might have remembered that about you seanvine. That ship sailed MANY years ago!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
if your not reloading I wouldn't worry about it

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if your not reloading I wouldn't worry about it
That's what I'm thinking. I don't like having the mag release button exposed in my holster...so I'm keeping it left handed.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Although, now I'm torn. Lol...the gun does function much better right handed. Maybe I should just leave it alone.

·
Registered
960 Posts
If you're anything like me, you will probably change your mind about........10-15 more times! LOL! :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you're anything like me, you will probably change your mind about........10-15 more times! LOL! :)
Ha! Already have. I gotta say, I think it's easier, and faster to hit the button with your index finger. Do you think it's an issue to have the release button exposed when the gun is holstered?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ha! Already have. I gotta say, I think it's easier, and faster to hit the button with your index finger. Do you think it's an issue to have the release button exposed when the gun is holstered?
That's a great question. My holsters have the release covered, left or right. Can you show a picture of your 27 holstered? Just would like to see how it sits in your holster. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts