Glock Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchase date (New): January-2013
Gen-4 \ G-27

Given this above captioned device is used only for personal defense; it only has approximately six-hundred (600) practice/range rounds through it. During this 600-round time frame, approximately three (3) months, Jan-Mar-2013 there was a call tag issued and the device was returned to Smyrna, GA 30082 U.S.A.. The device, sold as ‘new’, had been tampered with, and/or possibly a 'used item' sold as new.

Later [email protected], GA 30082 U.S.A. stated one (1) or more parts had far more wear and tear for the 600-rounds that was run through it. In addition, a part had been replaced (not by Glock), that was not a direct replacement; even though the replaced part could/would work, this replaced part is the part that had excessive wear and tear far beyond the 600-round usage.

At this point [email protected], GA 30082 U.S.A. supposedly made things right.

Since Smyrna, GA 30082 U.S.A. returned the firearm approximately two (2) to three (3) months later, the device has only been used (by us) for another twenty-five (25) rounds. We are now noticing, what looks like, the beginning of abnormal wear and tear on the slide rails.

For us this wear and tear, evidenced by minor gouging, pitting and/or discoloration tells us that the slide is not moving evenly/correctly, we could be wrong; notice the plating is wearing-off in some spots to where you are able to see the copper/bronze color. This is not the grease used at the factory. Said copper colored grease was wiped off long ago.

Our concern is that the slide is not moving as designed along the rails, as a result we will not get a genuine ‘full’ lifetime use due to this (possible) abnormal wear and tear evidenced in these attached/linked images. What does the glockforum.net community feel about this?

Link to G-27 Slide Rails images:PhotoBin: 2004p71cvpi's Photos

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem. The locking block ('H' shaped bright piece near mid gun) has the bright plating galled to where it looks peeled back exposing the copper underneath.
This is on a G34 gen4 with 2k rounds through it. A smith is ordering a new part and will look very closely for the cause, believing that it is abnormal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have the same problem. The locking block ('H' shaped bright piece near mid gun) has the bright plating galled to where it looks peeled back exposing the copper underneath.
This is on a G34 gen4 with 2k rounds through it. A smith is ordering a new part and will look very closely for the cause, believing that it is abnormal.
Thank you for your input. We have already compared our issue with other Gen427 and Gen3 owners with far more rounds than our six-hundred (600) and they do not experience the same symptoms as seen in the images we have posted. After only 600-rounds through this device (with the plating wearing off in addition to some pitting/gouging; we feel our concerns are legitimate.

Please continue to post and include the following:
- generation
- model #
- rounds through the weapons
- whether or not you and your weapon are experiencing the same concerns as shown in our images.

We will continue to monitor this thread until an official resolve.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
you are going to get some wear on the rails but make sure you use a light grease on them. Glock has a great warranty program so if something does happen they stand behind their product

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you are going to get some wear on the rails but make sure you use a light grease on them. Glock has a great warranty program so if something does happen they stand behind their product
The point is not the fact of 'some' wear and tear, the point, in this case is, there has only been 600-rounds through this device. In comparison to other Gen4 models, some are the same as this Gen427 with far more rounds through them, those compared devices are not exhibiting the concern or experience shown in our images.

Please continue to post. :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I heard that glock had a recall on some models. something about the rails being brittle and breaking off but I have little info on that to pass along. something you might want to check on

Reactions: PSmith

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is what glock.us has to say after reviewing the images at PhotoBin: 2004p71cvpi's Photos...

Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Good Morning PersonalDefense_User,

The wear showing on the rails is normal and will usually not go any further.
There will be scratches forming during normal firing.
The rails do wear over time and this is certainly not excessive wear.
Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Peter Laing
Glock Warranty Department
6000 Highlands Parkway

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Here is what glock.us has to say after reviewing the images at PhotoBin: 2004p71cvpi's Photos...

Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Good Morning PersonalDefense_User,

The wear showing on the rails is normal and will usually not go any further.
There will be scratches forming during normal firing.
The rails do wear over time and this is certainly not excessive wear.
Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Peter Laing
Glock Warranty Department
6000 Highlands Parkway
thank you for taking the time to make a statement. taking out the time to address a problem one of our posters has shows how good a co you folks are

·
Registered
4 Posts
I replaced the worn part at my expense and have since fired about 100 rounds. The same wear is starting already. This would seem to me to be a very rapid wear rate. I switched from Frog Lube to Mobil 1 for the lack of anything else to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts