Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
That video was made June 17, 2012, so they have been out for a little while. Test fired 29 May 2012

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, they let a few out, and then held up the release... I'd bet he got his thru Ed's,lol...I posted the following update this morning...

First...
To tell you how new these new Gen4 models are, ( G20,G29,G30, G33 ), one of the techs in Smyrna told me there is no Gen4 G20... here's the deal...Blue label purchasers only, you can have a Blue Label dealer order them at this time, though they are not ready for release for another month or so...For the general public, these Gen4 G20, G29, G30 and G33 should be available after the first of the year...That's the word from Glock as of today.

Then..."Well, it seems this info is changing by the hour...The Gen4 Glock 20 has made it's way to Ed's...tried a local Blue Label Dealer, but they haven't heard anything yet...apparently being local to Glock has it's advantages...Me thinks the Glock rep I spoke with was clumping all the new gen4 models into one basket, and gave me some "imperfect" info...anyway, it's out there, guys...!"

Next, it was..."Ed's tells me that they now also have the Gen4 G29, and G33...no G30 yet"

OK...tired of the confusion
update:
Called Glock again this morning, to find out why/what for the misinformation I had been given in reference to the Gen4 20,29,30 & 33 models...Today I spoke with the same rep, reminded her that I had first been told you could order them as Blue Label, but they weren't out yet. Then I was surprised when I called Ed's and heard that they had them all but the G30. Seems that they released some to a LE supplier, but had since stopped shipping them. When I told her I had talked with Ed's, she confirmed that it was Ed's that had received them. So, they're apparently standing by the original word that those new Gen4 models are "forthcoming"..
There are a few out there, at least at Ed's...
Sorry for the confusion, guys...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Next time you have Gaston over for dinner, tell him about the confusion caused by his plant in Georgia.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
lol...I will, I will...lol...or over a round of golf..ha ha...Smyrna needs to get it's act together...you're a funny guy...:D

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That whole thing was starting to give me a headache...
She tells me they're not out yet...then I find the video, then Ed's says they have some in stock..gee whiz..."I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto..":p:cool::p:cool::p:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts