Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any additional info on this issue where Glock was sending out a lighter recoil spring upon request? I have a G27 Gen 4 with a 4/11 birthdate. I was wondering if I could be effected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Appearing on the end of ther recoil s[ring is a 03 or 04. This designation determines date of part and weather is should be replaced. Problem being ob served is that Gen spring was put in Gen 4, and its too stiff. Rumor it was to save money, not manuf. so many parts.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not seeing a numeric designation on either end of mine so I would assume that it not in the batch for replacement

·
Registered
25 Posts
A call to Glock would probably be your best course of action. :cool:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, no problem but if they are replacing them them then I would rather have it on hand in the event it's needed.

·
Banned
246 Posts
The replacement springs are meant for the 9mm models and not the .40
Also the compacts originally had dual spring setups, so no change is need on them.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congratulations on your new Glock. I own a G27Gen3 but haven't shot a Gen4 yet and have been curious as to the difference. Have you shot a Gen3 and if so can you give me your opinion?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congratulations on your new Glock. I own a G27Gen3 but haven't shot a Gen4 yet and have been curious as to the difference. Have you shot a Gen3 and if so can you give me your opinion?
Sorry, I've not shot a Gen3.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a G23 Gen 3. The recoil springs are different form the Gen 4 and of course the 2 shoot a little different due to the size but the transition from one to another is no problem. I can't give you any information on the difference of the G27 versions though, sorry.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Here is an updated RSA chart. If yours doesn't have a number it's an older style.

This really only matters with 9mm models (I think Glock was using same spring with 9mm and .40 models, like they did with previous generations and it was too much for lighter 9mm loads)
I have a gen4 G22 and it doesn't have any numbers, but never had any issues with it.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
My G17 GEN4 came with the 04 recoil spring and has never hiccuped one time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts