Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so let me start off by saying that I’ve been Carrying Glocks for 20 years from Gen 2, 3, 4 and now Gen 5. Currently I
only have two matching 19Ms. I believe there must be some dimensional difference between the old ones and the generation 5 because I have some kydex holsters that the new ones will not fit in. I have read online that the 23 is definitely different; the slide measure is thicker, I was unable to find any mention of 19 being any different, even though I have discovered that my new ones will not fit in a couple of my old Kydex holsters.

I’m thinking about buying a new inside the waistband holster and I’m looking at Kramer’s horsehide holsters and I seen the drop-down menu that he does offer one for a GEN 5 in addition a different line item for Gen 1-4.
So a long way around to get to my question. Does anybody know what besides the rounded front end is different?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Here, take a look at this: Stache IWB Polymer Holster for the Glock 19.

All of my preferred EDC holsters can be quickly removed from my belt when I need to do so. (Courthouses, municipal offices, hospitals, and federal buildings, etc.) I don't like to use leather holsters for EDC unless I really have to. (They hold dirt and are harder to keep clean.)

PS: Yeah, I know the pictured gun is an S&W M&P. Choose the correct Glock from the drop-down list.

·
Registered
902 Posts
You're welcome! :)

(The 'hot' holster combo right now is to attach the mag carrier and holster together, and wear the both of them behind your belt buckle in a modified appendix carry. I've tried this; and, even when you're sitting down, it's fast as the dickens!)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Double post! (I don't know why?) 😁

·
Super Moderator
176 Posts
Double post! (I don't know why?)
Poor engagement between firing pin lug and trigger bar.

Oh, wait, that’s a double fire. Eh, close enough for government work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
176 Posts
Back to the ops question - Per Glock’s website the Gen5 23 overall width/slide width is 1.34 and 1.08 compared to Gen4 of 1.26 and 1.0.

I was under the impression that it depended on manufacture if their holsters fit both Gen5 and prior or if they have separate holsters. My Kydex holsters have tension adjustment screws so I haven’t had an issue other than making a tension adjustment going between 9mm Gens.

However, I recently bought a bunch of Warcat holsters (same parent company as Alien Gear) because of their sale ($17.76) and noticed that they have one holster for 9mm but specify Gen1-4 for the .40S&W models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts