Glock Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Its not feeding the rounds. Itll shot one or two fine then itll get stuck and not feed the round
I would suggest contacting Glock, if you used different ammo and ruled out the limp wristing. contact them; they have a lifetime warranty

·
Registered
47 Posts
I say grip and a tight new recoil spring. Throw a couple boxes of 147 thru it. Then see what happens. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would suggest contacting Glock, if you used different ammo and ruled out the limp wristing. contact them; they have a lifetime warranty
Wow, that's complete BS. It's actually a very limited warranty and they won't even pay for shipping unless you beg and cry about it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
even though its not that old I would say its a weak guide rod spring..these do get weak maybe you just have a weak one..i have around 100 mags for all my glocks been shooting glocks for over 10 years some of my mags are beat to hell and still function all day long..the only time I EVER had a FTF is recently when I purchased brass max ammo.had 5 in a box of 50 threw the rest in the trash not another problem since

·
Registered
47 Posts
Non glock mags have give me probs FTF. Namely Asian military 32 Rnd mags loaded in storage.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check for burrs on the sides of the followers. My 33rd glock mags had feeding problems until I lightly sanded the mold burrs off and never had a problem since

sent via snail mail

·
Registered
144 Posts
Shoot it some more with different ammo, I have yet to have issues with PMC ammo. I think if you shoot it some the problem will disappear

·
Registered
649 Posts
Sad to say some of the issues folks are having with Glocks is buying new ones. A Glock today is made differently than a few years ago. Sell that new Glock and get one 10 years old. It will work perfectly every round. I have one new Glock, wont be doing that again till they go back to making them like they used to.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought my Gen 4 17 new in January, have a few thousand rounds through it and not a single hiccup. I don't think you should write off all new Glocks because they are made different. Nothing is made like it used to be.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So yesterday I did a completely clean and lube of my Glock. I took the slide assembly apart, cleaned and lubed everything. I sprayed a little bit of ballistol on the sides of the followers in both mags.

Today I took the gun to the range again. I shot over 200 rounds.

Using the PMC ammo I originally used, I still had 3 FTF. Which is way better results than I had yesterday, which was almost every other round.

I shot 50 rounds of Federal white box ammo and had 0 failures.

Both mags had failures.

To dispute the limp wristing, I purposely held the gun very loose in my hands a few times and I had no issues and that was with both the PMC and Federal. So that's NOT the problem.

At this point I am not sure what the problem is. 3 FTF again today is not a good sign for me. Since some mentioned that it might be the ammo. Well I did some research on this ammo today. I have not found one instance of people having problems shooting this ammo through Glocks. Even from the sight I purchased it from, it had great reviews.

Im running out of ideas guys. Only thing I am thinking of doing is changing the springs and maybe followers on the mags. I tried contacting Glock USA again today and no one picked up. Will try again monday.

Thanks
If you had problems with PMC on both occasions,but no problems with WWB,maybe it's the ammo.Either a bad
batch of PMC,or your gun just doesn't cycle PMC well.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Don't overlube your GLOCK.
Change the ammo, check your proper grip first, then ask someone else to shoot it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe the notoriously bad ejector on your model. Do you have the double RSA? I know its a gen4 thing but check that out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glock will pay for the shipping and all repair if you tell them you are having a lot of malfunctions and write them a letter explaining. It's a new gun and if a sigma does not need a break in, neither should a Glock.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yeah, one that really sucks! (Ask how I know.) :rolleyes:

This is starting to get painful. So the dealer told the OP not to clean his Glock before he used it, huh! Tell me, if that same dealer told the OP to go jump off a high bridge, do you think he should do it?

My suggestions? Forget about tightening your grip. Wear a slip-on ACE wrist bandage, instead, and keep YOUR WRIST, not just your grip firm. Take the slide apart. remove the extractor and thoroughly clean out both the extractor channel as well as the individual components. You can use regular Q-Tips, and this might help a lot.

(Break-Free CLP, or Slip 2000 'EWL 30' are better polymer frame cleaner/lubricants than Ballistol; and I have all of them sitting on my desk, right now; so I would know. Forget what the Glock Owners Manual and internet gun forum experts say: A brand new Glock should be run WET.)

Put a good 300 rounds through that Glock before you do anything else. If it were my pistol I'd replace the SLB and its associated spring. Then I'd lightly polish the extractor. Even though this is 'internet gun forum gunsmithing' I am 90% + certain that the slide is short stroking. The only question is 'Why'?

The shooter could be limp-wristing. An ACE bandage will help. A sluggish or dirty extractor could be grabbing case-head grooves inconsistently; and/or the magazines could be oversprung.
Try loading up the magazines to full capacity and leaving them that way for a couple of weeks. Next time a dealer tells you not to clean a new gun before using it, do the smart thing and tell him to get lost!

ALL new Glock unreinforced (D6) polymer frames are too stiff to perform reliably and well. Every new polymer frame needs to be repeatedly flexed (by firing) BEFORE it can be trusted for reliable EDC service.

The Illinois State Police used to require 750 rounds to be fired through every new Glock BEFORE it was released for field service. Me? I've fired as few as 250, and as many as 1,100 rounds before starting to trust a new polymer pistol.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of results have you had when SOMEBODY ELSE uses this pistol? That's what I'd like to hear next. ;)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts