Glock Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Glock today and have a question. When I pull the slide back it locks into position instead of automatically sliding forward, so I then have press the release on the left side to make to move it forward. The gun is empty when I'm doing this, does it slide automatically (without having to push the release) when an actual round is going into the chamber? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Just bought my first Glock today and have a question. When I pull the slide back it locks into position instead of automatically sliding forward, so I then have press the release on the left side to make to move it forward. The gun is empty when I'm doing this, does it slide automatically (without having to push the release) when an actual round is going into the chamber? Thanks.
If you have removed the magazine and this is happening then I would suggest that maybe the slide release spring may be out of place.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
If an empty magazine is in the weapon the slide will lock back. With a loaded mag you can release the slide with the slide release or pull the slide back pass the release and it will go forward. So to answer your question, insert a loaded mag, pull the slide back and it will go forward chambering a round.

BTW, Welcome to the Forum from one Texan to another.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts