Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm brand new to the handgun world. I purchased a Glock 17 and I'm trying to figure out what generation it is. The serial number is THY980.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually just purchased it today. I have the 3 day waiting period, so I cannot answer what the grip looks like. I'm new to the world of guns. I just felt it was time to get involved. I've only fired 357s, AR-15s, misc. pistols, and a 12 gauge semi. Totally over my head, wish I had more information to give. :/

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of guns and Glocks! Is the 17 new? If so, it could be a Gen 3 or Gen 4. Certainly nothing wrong with any Gen! You will love it from the first round fired. It will most likely lead to another Glock purchase sooner or later. Congrats and again welcome! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I purchased it from Cole's gun shop for $499. I have no idea if it's new or not. I know I didn't exactly do my due diligence, but after last nights election, I just needed something for the home.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thanks guys! I purchased it from Cole's gun shop for $499. I have no idea if it's new or not. I know I didn't exactly do my due diligence, but after last nights election, I just needed something for the home.
Looks like it's a G17 made on or around 6/22/12 so I would say it's probably a gen 4

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard...
ZK was really close...According to Smyrna, it's a Gen3 , June 19th 2012

1 - 11 of 11 Posts