Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about getting me a pistol with the capability of having 17 rounds loaded... I have a Glock 42, and am loving it... I got it for both concealment purposes and for my wife eventually...
But... I really want to upgrade...
Which one should I get? and which generation?

·
Registered
34 Posts
If your hand doesn't hang off the bottom of 19, go for that. If it does, even a little, I'd go 17. You prolly won't like the feel of your hand not being all the way on the grip, but that's my thoughts and why I have 3 17's and no 19's.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you can, I'd recommend shooting both before making a decision. I own both (among a couple of other Glocks), and I have a tough time deciding which I like better. However, the difference between the grip length does make a difference in how it feels in your hand. As for the generation model - same thing applies. I prefer Gen 4s because I like the smaller (no back strap) grip, and the larger and reversible mag release.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eye forgot to mention, my hands are small, so I will probably look more into the 17...
Not sure also if there is much difference in muzzle size, I think the 17 is an inch or so shorter than th e19...

Thank you all for the feedback!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If your hand doesn't hang off the bottom of 19, go for that. If it does, even a little, I'd go 17. You prolly won't like the feel of your hand not being all the way on the grip, but that's my thoughts and why I have 3 17's and no 19's.
Thank you. Yes, my hands are small, so I'll probably go with a 17...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Hey Mr. Magoo, first off what ever you do buy new and Gen4.

And the reason I stress at least the Gen4 is it comes with all the real important upgrades you will ever really need unless you are in some type of competitive gun organizations. The only time I would recommend a Gen3 is if the model you where interested in wasn't made in Gen4. Which I myself may end up with as I am seriously considering the G39 as my EDC, good thing for me is I know who has the simple upgrade I require to fit it, chief among my requirements is an extended beaver-tail.

Now that we have that settled let's ask the question it depends what your goal is. The 19 is Glocks #1 seller among the civilian population and the 17 their #1 seller among police dept's.
If you want strictly a house gun and a range toy get the 17, if you plan to go C&C and yet want a fun gun to shoot at the range get the 19.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank you. Yes, my hands are small, so I'll probably go with a 17...
The 19 has the shorter grip and it also is a little shorter in the barrel/slide. The 17/19 have the same circumference around the grip, but the 19 is what I think you meant to say.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The 26 carries 10 rounds. You can use the 19 and 17 mags in the 26. Just use the xgrip mag adapter.
I love my 19 but if I was buying again I'd get the 26 and use larger mags when I want more rounds.
I also have smaller hands.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll prefer Glock 19 as it is a compact version of Glock 17 and I have small hands. Glock 19 is better for concealed carry. But I suggest you should go for Glock 26 as it is even smaller and compatible with Glock 17 and Glock 19.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Get whatever feels most comfortable in your hand. If it doesn't feel like an extension of your hand, you're not going to shoot it as well as one that does.

Reactions: MrMagoo
1 - 20 of 62 Posts