Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a gst9 80% arms lower and a timney trigger assembly. I’m having issues with the firing pin not engaging. I believe there is absolutely no contact between firing pin and trigger as there is no wear on the lip on the back of the pin. Also there is a lot of play and movement with the rear assembly where on my g17 polymer 80 it’s all solid and doesn’t move which leads me to believe the lower is the issue, my concern is if I swap too a polymer 80 will I have the same issue of no contact between pin and trigger. Or is there something wrong with the trigger not being set high enough too grab onto the firing pin. Any suggestions on what the exact issue could be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, I have a gst9 80% arms lower and a timney trigger assembly. I’m having issues with the firing pin not engaging. I believe there is absolutely no contact between firing pin and trigger as there is no wear on the lip on the back of the pin. Also there is a lot of play and movement with the rear assembly where on my g17 polymer 80 it’s all solid and doesn’t move which leads me to believe the lower is the issue, my concern is if I swap too a polymer 80 will I have the same issue of no contact between pin and trigger. Or is there something wrong with the trigger not being set high enough too grab onto the firing pin. Any suggestions on what the exact issue could be?
On second look the firing pin does get pulled back yet the trigger doesn’t push the lever down far enough too release the firing pin, still don’t know exactly why this is happening.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you Fixed your issue ? if not Contact me -I can help - I help Fellow builders on these P80 builds Fix their issues .

·
Super Moderator
211 Posts
A Glock Armorers Slide Cover Plate is needed to be able to see the interaction between the firing pin and trigger.

However, if the trigger bar is not moving far enough to disengage the firing pin that is typically related to the connector. Do you have a system that reduces overtravel? It may be set to a point the connector can’t do it’s job.

Taking Ronbo up on his offer is probably a good place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
A Glock Armorers Slide Cover Plate is needed to be able to see the interaction between the firing pin and trigger.

However, if the trigger bar is not moving far enough to disengage the firing pin that is typically related to the connector. Do you have a system that reduces overtravel? It may be set to a point the connector can’t do it’s job.

Taking Ronbo up on his offer is probably a good place to start.

why ? Im a retired gunsmith !!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can work with you . but only one on one - with a video chat - it is much better to SEE HOW TO fix pistol issus this why -you will learn better and faster

·
Registered
10 Posts
How can I get in touch with you for help?
facebook messenger has a Live cam feature - is what I normally use- but also zoom , or we can try by cell if you wish
I have found live video when I show others how to fix things works best - I also help the Kids at My Gun Club. once a Month / safety / firearm cleaning/ etc,,, but I have helped guys / gals from as far as panama to alaska -- P80 Builders group on FB ...

·
Super Moderator
211 Posts
You might want to remove the number and send contact information via a private message. Click on the member's name then click the "start conversation" link. There's a lot of scammers that lurk around forums and facebook groups you probably don't want taking pot shots at your phone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m having a similar issue. P80 G19 isn’t firing/ not engaging firing pin. I’ve built a few of them, but this is the first time I ran into this problem. Any advice?
yes I might be of help=== remove your whole trigger assembly / trigger housing to. inspect your trigger bar for >to be uniform ( all right angles are actually 90 degrees and the straight areas are true (straight) where your "birds beak is " bent (see that it to is 90 degrees ) use a 'known' straight edge rule (metal 6" ). now if you see bends that are not giving you a straight results 'warm up the bend area " not HOT! just warm. use sqaure - nose pliers >wrapped with tape,so you dont scratch the BAR ... If this is hard to understand ( we can work together on 'messenger' [from facebook] > I guide other Fellow new Builders with isses _ so they can Enjoy there Build --- so If you Wish to Work 'live' on messenger ' please ,just ask - I would gladly help .......

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes I might be of help=== remove your whole trigger assembly / trigger housing to. inspect your trigger bar for >to be uniform ( all right angles are actually 90 degrees and the straight areas are true (straight) where your "birds beak is " bent (see that it to is 90 degrees ) use a 'known' straight edge rule (metal 6" ). now if you see bends that are not giving you a straight results 'warm up the bend area " not HOT! just warm. use sqaure - nose pliers >wrapped with tape,so you dont scratch the BAR ... If this is hard to understand ( we can work together on 'messenger' [from facebook] > I guide other Fellow new Builders with isses _ so they can Enjoy there Build --- so If you Wish to Work 'live' on messenger ' please ,just ask - I would gladly help .......
I’m not 100% on everything that needs to be bend straight. If you can friend request me on Facebook so we can talk on messenger, that would be great. I haven’t “met the requirements” in this forum to message you personally. So you can find me on FB name Roman Nieto.

·
Super Moderator
211 Posts
Millions of Glock factory trigger bars drop in and work fine in a Glock. Carve your own frame and suddenly it’s the trigger bar that’s not right?

Seems like the issue would be the one off (frame) and not the standard factory part. Additional consideration is Glock trigger bars are not “square” by design. Under live fire conditions, these bars bend and twist. The the design of the bar is to counteract these forces.

For example, the dimple on the vertical riser on the Gen4 trigger bars was added to limit the movement of the bar towards the center of the gun. If the magazine catch is reversed, the top of the mag shifts towards the trigger bar slightly. This was enough that the bedding/twisting of the bar during live fire could interfere with the top round coming off the magazine. That little dot was added to counteract the movement and fixed the issue.

All of that said, I know Glocks, not P80s. But bending the known good part as a standard fix doesn’t make sense to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Millions of Glock factory trigger bars drop in and work fine in a Glock. Carve your own frame and suddenly it’s the trigger bar that’s not right?

Seems like the issue would be the one off (frame) and not the standard factory part. Additional consideration is Glock trigger bars are not “square” by design. Under live fire conditions, these bars bend and twist. The the design of the bar is to counteract these forces.

For example, the dimple on the vertical riser on the Gen4 trigger bars was added to limit the movement of the bar towards the center of the gun. If the magazine catch is reversed, the top of the mag shifts towards the trigger bar slightly. This was enough that the bedding/twisting of the bar during live fire could interfere with the top round coming off the magazine. That little dot was added to counteract the movement and fixed the issue.

All of that said, I know Glocks, not P80s. But bending the known good part as a standard fix doesn’t make sense to me.

If you want Help - I am Available - go to FB - look me up on Messenger ( my avatar pic is a white tail deer)
I do ( one on one help ) do this at my Gun club Also ,,,,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts