Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Name's Danny I just recently purchased my first firearm a glock 19 gen 3. I was initially going to purchase a gen 4 but they are not allowed in CA without having to jump through some hoops. I decided to purchase my first gun after an attempted break in at my home while we were out on vacation. Thank god for my security system. Looking to learn a lot from you guys.

1st question.
I notice every time I clear my gun.(remove mag, check chamber, aim in safe direction, pull trigger) and then disassemble the slide I see that the spring has come up from its spot and I have to push it back down to where it should be. is that common? I have never fired this weapon.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome!

Gen3 G19s are excellent first Glocks. Might be the only pistol you ever need - it's that versatile.

Yes, the spring offset when you remove the slide is perfectly normal. Just be sure it's all the way down when you reassemble and you'll be good to go.

Are you planning on taking a safety course?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i do along with my wife so she feels comfortable handling the gun just in case something were to ever happen and I was away.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome, I traded my G19 GEN3 earlier this year and I miss it already. May have to do some trading.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts