Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My glock, when fired, will cycle and for some reason it seems to pass the locking block at which I would have to pull the slide back and re-ingage with the receiver or lower half of the glock. I have also manually pulled the slide to the rear to chamber a round and as stated above occasionally the slide will go pass the slide locking lever and need to be re set. So this happens with rounds in the gun as well as with out. Anyone have this issue. Anyone know what is causing this and how to fix?

Sal
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i would like to help but i am not sure what you are asking? by locking block do you mean slide release and what do you mean by reset?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
so what your saying is the slide moves backwards after the mag is empty the slide fails to lock back?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I am puzzled as to your problem also. Do you mean the slide goes too far forward when you chamber a round?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard...I also don't quite understand the problem...a little clarification perhaps...we're not trying to be difficult, we just want to understand so we can better assist you...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
When you fire a round several things happen. 1st the firing pin strikes the primer causing the bullet to be shot from the casing thus causing gases to force the slide back ejecting the spent shell and the forcefully returns sliding forward. During this another round is picked up and chambered. What happens around here is the slide seems to slide forward. Stops and bounces thus some how the slide locking lever seams like it lowered from the initial impact of the slide and the top slide assembly can now be removed from the lower part of the pistol. its like going through the process of removing the upper slide assembly with out manually doing it. It seems to do it when either a round is discharged and or by pulling the slide assembly back and letting it slide forward on its own. Somehow the Slide Locking lever becomes sandbagged and allows the slide to continue forward.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome. You had me understanding til the "lowered" part. Sorry, I read both of your posts several times and I'm still having trouble understanding. Pictures perhaps?

·
Registered
18 Posts
When you fire a round several things happen. 1st the firing pin strikes the primer causing the bullet to be shot from the casing thus causing gases to force the slide back ejecting the spent shell and the forcefully returns sliding forward. During this another round is picked up and chambered. What happens around here is the slide seems to slide forward. Stops and bounces thus some how the slid release seams like it lowered from the initial impact of the slide and the top slide assembly can now be removed from the lower part of the pistol.
I think I may understand. So when the slide is moving forward to chamber a new bullet, it stops before in the all the way forward and fire ready position and bounces. This drops the slide release button down a little, but just enough to let the slide fly forward and past the end of the gun.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My glock, when fired, will cycle and for some reason it seems to pass the locking block at which I would have to pull the slide back and re-ingage with the receiver or lower half of the glock. I have also manually pulled the slide to the rear to chamber a round and as stated above occasionally the slide will go pass the locking block and need to be re set. So this happens with rounds in the gun as well as with out. Anyone have this issue. Anyone know what is causing this and how to fix?

Sal
[email protected]
Welcome, Sal.

Was this a new pistol when you received it? Have you stripped it past a basic field strip?

It almost sounds like the slide lock is backwards, but without an examination, it's hard to say for sure.

I'd suggest letting a local gunsmith take a look or calling Glock.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
are you saying the slide will come off the frame without use off the take down latch. if so i would contact glock.
I agree with 1 Jimmy. I would do that before firing the weapon again.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I agree with 1 Jimmy. I would do that before firing the weapon again.
Call 'em...talk with CS, or tech support...they're probably going to want you to ship it to them...they'll get it right...(770) 432-1202

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yeah Pictures would be good. The way I'm reading this is after a few shots the entire slide can be slid off of the lower without releasing the slide lock?? This should not happen. If this is the case you may have a bad slide lock spring or a improperly installed slide lock spring.

·
Registered
960 Posts
By the way... you should nopt shoot this anymore if this is the case until you get it looked at. The results could be deadly.
Couldn't agree more!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Yes you are correct. Also I just found there is a recall for all Gen 4 Glock. Bad Guide rod spring. I ordered a free one from Glock. Could this have been the problem. Also when I clean my pistol I drop a few drops of oil on the guide rod spring. Could this be part of the issue? to much ouil? But keep in mind when this does happen I simply slide the upper slide back into place with round inside and all.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts