Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a gen 4 19. The owner hasn't fired it at all(he claims). He said his wife bought it for him but he hates the grip because it's to small, and is wanting to get a gen 4 17. My question is, being that I'm located in Arizona what is it worth? It has all polished internals and comes with everything in the box like it does new. I've noticed location in the US varies by price so I figured I'd post in here to find out!
Also, having all polished internals as an EDC gun will that play a factor in reliability? I've seen some people say don't mess with the internals at all so that's why I'm asking.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Polished internals is usually a very good thing. What does he want for it? He'll have to ship it to your FFL so you can add about another 25 bucks or so from your FFL for facilitating the transaction.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
About $550 here new. Was in a gun shop last night. Don't know about the upgrades.

·
Registered
69 Posts
In PA, see them ranging from $550 to $599.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
New at the store, $549 is a sale price that you can usually get at the big shops in Central Florida.

I wouldn't pay that much for a "new in box" special from some guy.

More risk, for little reward.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Its a private sale but will definitely take to a ffl to get checked out and make sure it's clean, and he's asking 575! Don't think it's a good deal now, more then what the local ffl is asking and its "used" with polished internals, ill probably end up getting one new for 550 plus tax and its exactly mine haha

·
Registered
145 Posts
Never fired but polished internals and knows he doesnt like the grip? Something doesnt smell right.

GSSF purchase price for a 19 is $425 +tax, I never pay above what I could use a coupon for. I'd knock some off for a new trigger bar in case he jacked it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
This guy isn't LEO or retired mil is my guess so Blue Label or GSSF doesn't apply unless he joined.
I do think that if checked out by someone this know what to look for and this is a big one shoot the weapon then 500 bucks is fair.
I agree the small grip statement is bogus given the back straps available and if I remember correctly the 17 isn't any different.

Really if you can shoot the weapon on a range to me that is make or break deal. Here is why. If he polished or had polished internals there is no way to know if the weapon will function correctly. The seller might be 100% honest but remember this "trust but verify". Any seller would have no issue allowing you to shoot it on a range if on the up and up.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Its a private sale but will definitely take to a ffl to get checked out and make sure it's clean, and he's asking 575! Don't think it's a good deal now, more then what the local ffl is asking and its "used" with polished internals, ill probably end up getting one new for 550 plus tax and its exactly mine haha
I wouldn't mess with it, without a deep discount.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone dinks with the guts on a gun I would walk away, or demand a deep discount. BTW I got my G19 G4 OTD for $535 (9.25% sales tax and $10 BGC in that too!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts