Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a laser site/pointer for a old g19 I have....any suggestion on brand and/or color laser (red or green)?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Crimson Trace are nice but Green laser use a lot more battery and have a shorter life

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Green is the better laser and I would say that Crimson Trace has the best options on the market. The only problem is that if you have an old G19 I am assuming you don't have a rail. That will leave you with only a choice of a ugly bulky grip wrap in red something like this. They also have an IR one if you have night vision goggles which is pretty cool

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Green is the better laser and I would say that Crimson Trace has the best options on the market. The only problem is that if you have an old G19 I am assuming you don't have a rail. That will leave you with only a choice of a ugly bulky grip wrap in red something like this. They also have an IR one if you have night vision goggles which is pretty cool
Ditto...Green is better... :cool:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
everyone presents a valid point. however i guess it would depend on what your going to use it for. if its going to be on a carry gun then i would want the crimson trace that goes on the grip which is instinctive activation, ( grab the grip and its on ). if not then any choice other than that would be fine. i have had three lasers over the years one on a glock 27 and two on my m&p's all red and on the grips and all worked fine.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
C/T has a video on there webb site the tells you all about them or look them up on y-tube

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
everyone presents a valid point. however i guess it would depend on what your going to use it for. if its going to be on a carry gun then i would want the crimson trace that goes on the grip which is instinctive activation, ( grab the grip and its on ). if not then any choice other than that would be fine. i have had three lasers over the years one on a glock 27 and two on my m&p's all red and on the grips and all worked fine.
Agree Jimmy. It all boils down to, do you the right tool for the job?

Like Jimmy said you should look at use cases. How will you carry it? Will you train with it? What type do you prefer, guide rod laser, grip mounted, rail mounted? That will drive the color spectrum choice as well, at least at this time. Here is a good article from MythBuster's explaining the differences between the various colors.

Here is another good article. I learned a few things from this one. Didn't realize that the Green Technology has been sitting around dormant for 10 years because they were waiting on a Gov't contract. Also a Green laser is just an IR laser with boosted power output. Humm, now if we could only control the power output we could have a multi-purpose laser

·
Registered
1 Posts
The only problem is that if you have an old G19 I am assuming you don't have a rail. That will leave you with only a choice of a ugly bulky grip wrap in red something like this.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The only problem is that if you have an old G19 I am assuming you don't have a rail. That will leave you with only a choice of a ugly bulky grip wrap in red something like this.
Seems I read that someplace before. First post too.

Reactions: ZombieKiller57

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed a Laxermax, Uni-max green on my Glock 19 on the rail, and took out a few stitches on my Gowco holster, and so far, I am real happy with the setup!.........it only weighs an ounce!.....at 53 I need bi-focals and have a hard time with my glasses really getting a good clear front sight view quickly....so the laser takes all of that out of the picture!....I am trained with the gun sites just in case, but I prefer the laser for anything over about 15 yards or so on the range!.......... I have an insight tact. lite that I can side on the bottom of the laser rail if needed!........a really good setup for nite time problems!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I had a laser on my lcp and they work well. I am glad you got a good one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts