Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my wife a used Glock 19 and took it to the range today. The 10th round was a misfire. There was no primer mark anywhere on the cartridge, i ejected the round, reloaded it and fired through 100 rounds without any issues. The gun was clean, i cant see any obvious defects at all. Anyone ever had an issue like this? Could it be something as simple as springs? Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard...No, haven't seen that, but keep us posted as to whether it happens again...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NW Florida!!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
That is a puzzle, no primer mark at all and then 100 rounds go thru with no problem. If I understood you correctly the round fired the second time. The only thing I can suggest is to disassemble and clean as it may have been debris (gunk) ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes you are correct no primer mark and it fired the second time. It couldn't be some type of safety feature could it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Empty the clip and disassemble it. Look for debris, especially small flakes of dirt, leaves, soot, anything around the same size as the primer. Think, something thick enough to cushion/absorb the firing pin or misdirect it just enough to cause a misfire.
Gotta' agree with everyone else ammunition is likely not the cause. Is your wife an experienced shooter? I took a young daughter out not long ago to shoot and she limp wristed several times..... and had several mis-fires and stove pipes. Glocks are known for rewarding tentative shooters that way. As soon as I convinced her to pretend she had a cast on her wrist and arm, no more misfires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts