Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a glock 19 gen 4. I've only fired 50 rounds. I've taken it apart several times, but every time I attempt to take it apart I have to push the slide forward, then try again. The 'pins' on the side that are meant to be pulled down, mine seemed to take a lot of work to pull down compared to videos I've watched. Will this change over time? Or is there something I else I should be doing? Or oiling?

Thanks for all words of help!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Just bought a glock 19 gen 4. I've only fired 50 rounds. I've taken it apart several times, but every time I attempt to take it apart I have to push the slide forward, then try again. The 'pins' on the side that are meant to be pulled down, mine seemed to take a lot of work to pull down compared to videos I've watched. Will this change over time? Or is there something I else I should be doing? Or oiling?

Thanks for all words of help!
You want to make sure that the chamber is empty and then pull the trigger. That will help in easing the slide forward. The spring shouldn't be hard to pull down although I find the stock release tough to get a good grip on. Just pull the slide to the rear a fraction, pull down the release and the slide should slide right off. If those steps don't help maybe there is a problem with the release spring.

·
Registered
655 Posts
The slide lock should be fairly easy to maneuver from the factory. Now that I am sitting here looking at it there is a little sweet spot that it is easier to maneuver then any where else. On my gun I just have to move the slide back just a little bit and the slide lock moves more freely. If you need any more help just ask my friend,

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
There is a sweet spot, so to speak...The more you take it down, you'll be amazed how easy it gets..it was more the coordination of that
sequence thing at first...It's easy to overthink it...it gets easier to do as you practice it...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Just 1/8" I think. Sweet spot for sure. Never had a problem with my compact or full-sized models, but the subs can be tight at times :)

Good, strong fingernails help, too.

·
Registered
655 Posts
All it takes is practice and you will have it down in no time.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I don't have any issues taking my Glocks apart, but am curious about that extended slide stop lever. Will have to check it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts