Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Participated in an advanced concealed carry course recently. Have a crossbreed superslide OWB and love it with great retention, comfort, and ease of draw. Instructed at the class to enter range area with slide locked back and weapon holstered. On orders to draw and load, G19 would not disengage from holster (stuck). I was ordered to tug forcefully (yank) the Glock from the holster and with severeal attempts and force it popped free.

Noticed immediately slight deviation of newly installed truglow front sight which obviously hung up on the kydex of the holster. Will take Glock to my gunsmith for re-alignment of sight. Anyone have similiar issues when holstered with slide locked back? Concerned re: taking other courses/competitions with same safety rules of requiring holstering at slide lock. Thanks for any feedback/advice.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome HK19...sorry about the issues...fortunately, in real life, we don't walk around with our slides locked back, in holsters not designed for that situation...(hopefully, anyway). I'm pretty sure that the sight can be restored. In reference to further classes, competitions, you might have to get a generic holster that will work in that situation, unless you can find another one you're happy with. Talk with the folks at CrossBreed... they may have a recommendation. Normally we want to train with what we'll be using everyday, but you cant afford to be knocking your sights loose everytime you train or compete. There must be a fairly easy solution here...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The tolerances on all of the kydex I have seen is tight which allows them to get that tight gun shape look. It looks like the crossbreed superslide holster would have a problem with a gun being holstered with the slide locked back. This probably raised the distance between the receiver and the slide just enough to get the site to hang up on the kydex. It went in ok because the front site is curved on the front but with the rear of the site being flat and sharp it probably dug into the kydex on the way out. Is there marring on the Kydex where the front site was? Hopefully your site wasn't damaged beyond repair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Will attempt to use my Glock sports holster if required to have slide locked when holstered. Yes, ZK57, the inside of the kydex has a shallow, roughed area where the front sight scraped against the plastic. Rep. from crossbreed recomended gentle sanding with fine steel wool to buff it smooth.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I understand that the instructor had you lock the slide back for safety of the others and yourself. But that is not how we do it in real life situations, i wonder if the holster manufactures design there holsters to accept a gun with the slide locked back?

A little gentle sanding on the kydex would be pretty easy, if that fixes the problem let us know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts