Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. In need of some advice from G21 Gen 3 owners, especially those in law enforcement. I am considering purchasing a G21 Gen 3 to use as my primary duty weapon. I shot one a about 5 or 6 years ago, remember liking it. Currently I carry a G22 as my primary and G27 as my secondary, although I tend to carry the G27 more and break out the G22 for operations. I am thinking that if I get the G21 that I will eventually turn in my G22. I know the G21 is as reliable as all Glocks, but I am trying to recall the recoil and grip size since it has been so long. I have fairly large hands and have a hogue grip on the G22 so I think the grip will be fine. I guess I am looking for opinions of having that .45 power in the reliability of the Glock platform. It has to be a Gen 3 because that is what my agency approves. Again, it would be primary pistol for ops, probably not my everyday wear. All opinions are appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I don't own a 21 but there are some Forum members that have them. They will chime in on your post. :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
I personally would have no problem carrying a first generation gun from the 80's. I just seem to find that my Gen 3 and Gen 4 have never had an FTF or FTE ever! So, you can't go wrong with any of them!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have the G21SF RTF2 and it is probably my favorite handgun to shoot. Since you have big hands you would not need the SF. The Alaskan State Troopers carry the G21. I have great faith in the 45acp, accuracy being the key ingredient of course.

BTW, Welcome to the Forum !

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I have the G21SF RTF2 and it is probably my favorite handgun to shoot. Since you have big hands you would not need the SF. The Alaskan State Troopers carry the G21. I have great faith in the 45acp, accuracy being the key ingredient of course.

BTW, Welcome to the Forum !
.45 ACP is "da bomb"...lol...:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am not law enforcement but I have a Gen 3 G21 SF that I love a lot and is my bedside "friend in need." It is very accurate and to me much more comfortable to shoot than my G22 or G23, probably because the .45 ACP is a considerably lower pressure round. My suggestion; find both a standard and SF model and see which feels better in your hand. I have read that Gen 4 is coming soon...

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I had G20SF (10mm version of G21) and it fit my medium/large hands just fine, but the regular (non SF) model is WAY too chuncky for me. It's considerably larger than G17/22 with a slip on grip. If you dont have a chance to handle one play it safe and get the SF model it will likely fit your hands batter anyways. ;)

Edit: personally I'd stick with a G22, it's a bit smaller and lighter plus .40 is nothing to sneeze at !

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I am not law enforcement but I have a Gen 3 G21 SF that I love a lot and is my bedside "friend in need." It is very accurate and to me much more comfortable to shoot than my G22 or G23, probably because the .45 ACP is a considerably lower pressure round. My suggestion; find both a standard and SF model and see which feels better in your hand. I have read that Gen 4 is coming soon...
G21 Gen 4 is out...

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
^ Good point lol. I have't shot one yet but that would be my choice for a full size .45ACP, I'd consider .45GAP as well; same frame as G17/22.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts