Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all - spankin new here so sorry if this is a repeat topic but I didn't find anything in the search.

I have a gen 2 21 and wanted to swap the frame for a gen 3 or 4 so I can use a light/laser on the accessory rail - I'd prefer this option to a trigger guard accessory mount if I can.

can someone tell me if I can use a gen 3 or 4 frame with a gen 2 slide? If both, would anyone suggest one gen over the other?

also, if either would work, would there be possible issues with the 3 or 4? I've heard there were issues mainly with the initial 9mm model springs and also the extractor and or ejector...not sure? But were there issues with the ejector or any parts in the gen 3 or 4 21 frame?

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The guide rod is different on the Gen 4 so you'd need that guide rod to go along with the frame. I would think a Gen 3 would be interchangeable though.

Personally if I'm gonna go the route of a new frame I'd go Gen 4 and buy a RSA. I like the grip texture and the back straps.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guide rod is different on the Gen 4 so you'd need that guide rod to go along with the frame. I would think a Gen 3 would be interchangeable though.

Personally if I'm gonna go the route of a new frame I'd go Gen 4 and buy a RSA. I like the grip texture and the back straps.

hey man. Say that again? I'm clear on the guiderod thing and that the gen 3 frame would work for me, but what do you mean by
"I'd go gen 4 and buy a rsa"?
you mean I should get a gen 4 frame and also a gen 4 rsa as well?. I wouldn't need one would I? I couldn't just use my old slide and spring on the gen 4 frame?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Google is wonderful

2nd Gen Slide/barrel on 3rd gen frame? - Glock Talk

also you can contact GLOCK about "upgrading" your Gen2 receiver to a Gen3.
Go to this link, get the telephone number and call and ask about upgrading.

Contact Us | GLOCK USA
I'm tellin you man,I googled the shit out of that search in every crazy combination. Same on this forum. Searched like crazy cause I figured millions of people musta asked that q already - and I found shit! You got the Mojo my man!. Fyi, glock has not been responding to emails or done calls for months..tried that a few times

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
screw that. I loves my gen 2 21. First pistol I ever bought in 1991. Still in pristine condition. Just wish it had a rail. :eek:
I seen one time that a guy too a dermal tool and cut rails into the frame. I wouldn't do it but look at the light holder on the bottom of the mag. try the magnate thing and no the laser is not coming off that easy. rare earth magnates are very strong for a small compact size

·
Banned
246 Posts
I'm tellin you man,I googled the shit out of that search in every crazy combination. Same on this forum. Searched like crazy cause I figured millions of people musta asked that q already - and I found shit! You got the Mojo my man!. Fyi, glock has not been responding to emails or done calls for months..tried that a few times
I just googled GLOCK GEN2 SLIDE ON GEN3 FRAME :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts