Glock Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently bought a Glock 21 (Gen. 4) on Monday and when I was looking at it today, I notice that the polymer trigger guard has a manufacturers defect. The polymer is pushed up from when they were making the mold. If I contact Glock do you think they will fix it? I haven't even shot the gun yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can see that it was a defect because the polymer is still on the gun. Like I said above I haven't even shot it yet or droped it.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
that is a drop or burse, there is no way that would have went through production and passed inspection after inspection. Unless you can prove that is the way you bought it; it's yours. All gun sales are final so you can get a file and clean it up or have someone do a trigger guard job on it. I have seen where some take the squired edge off and could it since most people don't know why Glock squares it off or don't use it; it’s not going to matter.

If it really bothers you add some heat and push it back in place; after all it’s just plastic

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I would say they would...They don't want any flaws in their "Perfection"... :)
(770) 432-1202... Just happened to have it handy..
I would have to agree with the fact that it does look like a drop, though, even if it wasn't yours...but before modifying anything, I'd call them, explain the situation...see what they say...good luck

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I would say they would...They don't want any flaws in their "Perfection"... :)
(770) 432-1202... Just happened to have it handy..
I would have to agree with the fact that it does look like a drop, though, even if it wasn't yours...but before modifying anything, I'd call them, explain the situation...see what they say...good luck
What he said !

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey ,
I'm A G-21 owner I can imagine how you feel :(,but basically what he said "rowabi" .. Good luck let us know how you make-out...

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
That might've happened after it left the factory. Did you buy it in person? That should've been hard to miss. I'd talk to the shop first if they give you hard time contact Glock.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
What they all said :)

Call them and send a pic. Hard to imagine it leaving the line like that.

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks RMD

Spoke with Glock today and even sent them pictures. They said that this is a first for them and also confirmed that it looks like a defect from the factory. I have to send the gun back to glock to have them look at it. Has anyone ever sent the whole handgun back to Glock?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Thanks RMD

Spoke with Glock today and even sent them pictures. They said that this is a first for them and also confirmed that it looks like a defect from the factory. I have to send the gun back to glock to have them look at it. Has anyone ever sent the whole handgun back to Glock?
I've never had a problem with a Glock, so no I've never sent one back..Glad they're gonna look at it, and I'm glad you called first, and didn't monkey up the frame with a homemade "fix" attempt...It's always better to contact them first...Especially Glock...they are super at CS and want their customers satisfied...There's a reason they're so far behind in order production... :cool:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Thanks RMD

I've personally never had to send one back. Here's what I would do.......contact Glock again and request a call tag to ship it back to them. They should send you a call tag (prepaid shipping) and it should include all of the documents and packaging that is required to properly ship the gun. They should have no problem doing this. I was going to send my Sig back but I was able to figure out what was wrong with it myself. They did offer the call tag and proper documents needed to ship the gun! Good luck my friend!

·
Registered
188 Posts
rowabi , now you got me wondering if you don't work for Glock ..."lol"

Hey, longs its a happy ending ....

It really pays to be a member of the Glock Forum with great folks like rowabi ZombieKiller57 , RMD and others ... :cool:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
rowabi , now you got me wondering if you don't work for Glock ..."lol"

Hey, longs its a happy ending ....

It really pays to be a member of the Glock Forum with great folks like rowabi ZombieKiller57 , RMD and others ... :cool:
No, bro...I just pester the heck out of them on a fairly regular basis... :p

·
Registered
188 Posts
No, bro...I just pester the heck out of them on a fairly regular basis... :p
Well God bless you, you did well for a fellow "Glock-er"... :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts