Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a Glock 21 gen 3 in excellent condition, but on every shot the slide locks back like the mag is empty. If you push the mag release it will fire again. Have tried the original factory mags and aftermarket, still same result. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
896 Posts
:rolleyes: Perhaps nobody has addressed this problem because the correct answer to this rather amateurish question is so repetitive, boring, and simple! OK, here, I'll take 30 more seconds to answer it:

BECAUSE THE SLIDE STOP (which is, nowadays, frequently referred to as a 'slide release') SPRING IS EITHER BROKEN, OR INSTALLED INCORRECTLY.

If the slide stop spring arm is NOT broken then it should be installed UNDERNEATH THE #1 LOCKING BLOCK PIN rather than incorrectly installed on top of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:rolleyes: Perhaps nobody has addressed this problem because the correct answer to this rather amateurish question is so repetitive, boring, and simple! OK, here, I'll take 30 more seconds to answer it:

BECAUSE THE SLIDE STOP (which is, nowadays, frequently referred to as a 'slide release') SPRING IS EITHER BROKEN, OR INSTALLED INCORRECTLY.

If the slide stop spring arm is NOT broken then it should be installed UNDERNEATH THE #1 LOCKING BLOCK PIN rather than incorrectly installed on top of it.
Well, I feel silly. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
896 Posts
You're welcome! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
È capitato pure a me con la mia 19 4gen. Avevo montato male la molla di arresto male. Rimontato in modo corretto, problema risolto. Proprio come ha detto il pistolero.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
È capitato pure a me con la mia 19 4gen. Avevo montato male la molla di arresto male. Rimontato in modo corretto, problema risolto. Proprio come ha detto il pistolero.
Maybe if you would type in f*cking englsh I could read your post.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Maybe if you would type in f*cking englsh I could read your post.
It’s using Google Translate, so I used copy and paste to translate.

Here is what it wrote.
It also happened to me with my 19 4gen. I had mounted the stop spring badly. Reassembled correctly, problem solved. Just like the gunslinger said.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts