Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I recently acquired a Gen 4 Glock 22 and is thinking of participating in a practical shooting competition soon. I have always been interested to join in such a competition but I still have a lot of questions in mind regarding the rules of the game. I will be starting my training classes in December, but there is an upcoming gun show on November 29 to Dec. 2 so I'd like to learn now whether there would be some parts that I would need to buy from the event.

Questions:

1. I've read from the IPSC Rule Book that Glock 22 can be used in the production division. However, some say that I'm at a disadvantage because most shooters in the production division use 9mm's so they can shoot faster and more accurate due to the relatively lesser recoil. Is anyone here using a Glock 22 in this division?

2. If it's allowed in the Production division, what legal modifications can I make on the gun, i.e. decrease trigger pull weight? Tungsten guide rod?

3. Some say that I would fare better in the Standard Division. If so, what are the best modifications can I make on my gun without breaking the back?

All for now. Hope to receive valuable inputs. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The only advice I can offer is that I would agree that you would be able to come back on the target faster with a G17, but I am not familiar with the divisions. If you are competing against 9mms with a 40 cal in my opinion you would be at a disadvantage.

·
Registered
960 Posts
The only advice I can offer is that I would agree that you would be able to come back on the target faster with a G17, but I am not familiar with the divisions. If you are competing against 9mms with a 40 cal in my opinion you would be at a disadvantage.
Have to agree with that no question. As has been stated on the forum before, the .40 can be "snappy". Again, everyone's conception of "snappy" seems to be a little different but with my 23 getting back on target fast compared to a 9mm would put me at a disadvantage. Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts