Glock Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to clean my glock 22 today. Afterwards, I went to cycle it and it's jacked up. Looks like the black polymer tube that holds the spring went through the hole in the steel, underneath the barrel. I know it sounds confusing, but I'm able to send a pic if that helps. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

A pic would be helpful. Sounds like the Recoil Spring Assembly is wonky.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
First, let me welcome you to the Forum. Not knowing your handgun experience I will ask a question and I dont mean to insult your gun knowledge with this, could you have had the recoil spring assembly in backwards with the metal disc that is supposed to seat on the barrell lug toward the front?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
welcome to the forum. If it's coming through the hole when the slide is locked back then that is what it's supposed to do. Sometimes during assembly the recoil rod can get unseated. Just remove the slide and reseat the rod and reassemble the slide to the frame and function test.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
welcome to the forum. If it's coming through the hole when the slide is locked back then that is what it's supposed to do. Sometimes during assembly the recoil rod can get unseated. Just remove the slide and reseat the rod and reassemble the slide to the frame and function test.
Correct, if it is a small part of the plastic disc protruding. I invisioned a large portion sticking thru and the slide locked up.

·
Registered
960 Posts
First, let me welcome you to the Forum. Not knowing your handgun experience I will ask a question and I dont mean to insult your gun knowledge with this, could you have had the recoil spring assembly in backwards with the metal disc that is supposed to seat on the barrell lug toward the front?
Welcome to the forum from Alabama! I have to agree that it sounds like there is something wrong with the recoil spring. It's not a common for a recoil spring to fail on a Glock, however, as we discussed on another thread, anything is possible, ie, new cars break down, things like that. I have seen someone try to install the spring backwards, so that is a possibility. Good luck on whatever you find and be safe with the firearm under ALL circumstances! :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
I once put a G17 back together with no spring. That was fun :)
I would say that would be considered a "light action" spring and recoil!!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
is it a gen 3 or a gen 4 because gen 4 had a spring problem for a while whereas the one spring (bigger of the two) of the two would break loose and cover the whole length of the spring instead of have as it was designed to do

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Philly369, let us know how it turns out...hope it's not a major fix...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts