Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yea i created a account for this website because of a problem im having with no answers on the internet...

first of all, i bought a lonewolf barrel 40 S&W off of cheaperthandirt!.com cuz i was told it would make for a nice upgrade for my glock, and base off the reviews im seeing, ppl are saying its a simple drop in step and no special gunsmithing required, so i did that, and i slide the glock back and forth a few times(no mag) and it was fine, and then i decided to put a loaded mag to test the feed of this barrel, then its stuck after the first one....

got a bullet in the barrel, trigger sticking out, and i cant slide it to eject, its just jammed X_X

atm i got this gun locked up and put away safely until i can fix this problem. i'll admit, im not the most professional glock user, i only know the basics of cleaning and taking care of it, this the first time ever changing a part, and i didnt think this would happen haha. and yea after four years of using a glock you'd think i know everything bout it...but nope XD

oh and i might as well tell the story about why i chose glock...simple: its the "Toyota" of all guns, long lasting and reliable XD

sorry bout the long paragraph, thought i try posting my problems and introduction at once =)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
If I remember correctly there is another post on the forum with the exact same thing happening. I don't think there was a posted resolution but I would suggest if you can't get it unloaded yourself then take it to gunsmith and get him to unload it. Then contact Lonewolf for a solution to the problem. They have great CS from what I understand.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
so yea i created a account for this website because of a problem im having with no answers on the internet...

first of all, i bought a lonewolf barrel 40 S&W off of cheaperthandirt!.com cuz i was told it would make for a nice upgrade for my glock, and base off the reviews im seeing, ppl are saying its a simple drop in step and no special gunsmithing required, so i did that, and i slide the glock back and forth a few times(no mag) and it was fine, and then i decided to put a loaded mag to test the feed of this barrel, then its stuck after the first one....

got a bullet in the barrel, trigger sticking out, and i cant slide it to eject, its just jammed X_X

atm i got this gun locked up and put away safely until i can fix this problem. i'll admit, im not the most professional glock user, i only know the basics of cleaning and taking care of it, this the first time ever changing a part, and i didnt think this would happen haha. and yea after four years of using a glock you'd think i know everything bout it...but nope XD

oh and i might as well tell the story about why i chose glock...simple: its the "Toyota" of all guns, long lasting and reliable XD

sorry bout the long paragraph, thought i try posting my problems and introduction at once =)
Welcome to the forum!

Which Lone Wolf model did you buy?

Also, ZK is right, call them and they should take care of you. I've heard good things about their CS as well.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
First, Welcome to the Forum ! You did not say which Glock model you were converting to 40 cal. I assume it was one of the 357 auto models, G31,32 or 33? You can convert 357 to 40 and 9mm but, for instance, you cannot 'upgrade' a 9mm to 40 or 357.
Other than that I agree with ZombieKiller.

·
Banned
966 Posts
First, Welcome to the Forum ! You did not say which Glock model you were converting to 40 cal. I assume it was one of the 357 auto models, G31,32 or 33? You can convert 357 to 40 and 9mm but, for instance, you cannot 'upgrade' a 9mm to 40 or 357.
Other than that I agree with ZombieKiller.
He's not converting, just replacing the barrel in his G22. Not sure who told him that was a great idea. Seems like a heavier guide rod or changing the trigger weight would be more of an improvement on performance.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
He's not converting, just replacing the barrel in his G22. Not sure who told him that was a great idea. Seems like a heavier guide rod or changing the trigger weight would be more of an improvement on performance.
Ooops, my mistake, I see now it is a G22. The aftermarket barrell would allow the shooting of lead bullets, and some claim the aftermarket barrells are more accurate, although I kind of doubt that.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Because you are asking people to resolve a problem that we can't see it always helps to add a pic or two. Sometimes seeing it helps resolve it

As a general rule the barrel swapping is effortless, people do it for a number of reasons and the most common is to shoot cheaper ammo when practicing. Two is to shoot lead bullets from your Glock because Glock does not recommend it (doesn't mean it can't be done). I guess of what happened is you might have the wrong barrel for the ammo you are wanting to shoot (chamber, no pics or details so we are at a guess)

Can you get to the ejector and push on it to release the slide, be careful not to hit the primer!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome to the forum...take that firearm to a gunsmith ASAP...safety first...and please give us a report on the findings of the problem...good luck!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Is the slide in battery (fully closed?) and you just cant open it or is it partially open?

Safest thing to do is to take it a gunsmith and have them unjam it have a look it at. I personally would just press the slide down on a table making sure my finger is no where near the trigger.

My guess is the new barrel doesn't like the ammo, bullet is probably too long and wide at the tip and got stuck in the rifling. To test for this take the barrel in your hand drop in the round from about an inch or two above and then flip the barrel upside down, the round should fall out freely. If it sticks don't use that ammo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
why mess with one of the best guns ever made? you can shoot lead it just takes more cleaning.I have a Glock 22 and I shoot all kinds of ammo never had any trouble with it. send the barrel back and shoot your glock that's why you bought the gun. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the comments and concern guys! so i decided to just man-handle it, pulling hard and fast(would never recommend it though) and it came out, decided to take it out and do a lil cleaning and lubing, and now it feeds just fine, but yeah i was using them cheap brand pre-fired bullets. anyways i took it to the range for a lil test and yeah, its a lil bit more accurate than the glock factory...thats just me though haha. im still having an issue where 6 out of ten of my shots likes to curve to the left, and i aim dead center XD. still have a lot more upgrading plans for my glock, like new rod and new sight, possibly a red dot...unless people will laugh at it, or one of them glow in the dark sights. thx again guys, i'll prob be searching through forums on others personal opinion with upgrading and what not =)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
As far as your bulletts "curving to the left", try using the middle of the first pad of your trigger finger when gently squeezing the trigger. Dont anticipate the trigger firing the weapon. Imagine the trigger is a glass rod and gently squeeze it until it 'breaks, keeping the front site on the target.

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
As far as your bulletts "curving to the left", try using the middle of the first pad of your trigger finger when gently squeezing the trigger. Dont anticipate the trigger firing the weapon. Imagine the trigger is a glass rod and gently squeeze it until it 'breaks, keeping the front site on the target.
Good advice...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts