Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently saw a Hickok45 video on Youtube describing how one should take apart the slide for cleaning. He stressed the importance of doing so.
So who on this Board has done so...It looks somewhat complicated to me. Comments appreciated.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Doubletap taking the slid apart is no big deal, however this is not a required step for routine maintance. I take mine apart only when I suspect a problem or when I have a high round count on a particular gun. It doesn't hurt anything to take the slide apart as this only allows you to become more familiar with your glock. I find the long wooden q tips work best for cleaning the channel liner and don't put fluid into the liner unless you are changing the liner out. The most important thing to remember is don't get oil or cleaning fluid in the slide while don't routine maintance. Just be sure to do your function checks upon reassembly to make sure the slide is correctly assembled.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No reason to disassemble the slide unless performing scheduled spring change. The striker and extractor springs should be changed at 5,000 rds. I know, I know, they will go thousands beyond that. Just keep the breach face clean, inspect the extractor under a good light and shoot the snot out of it! But, agree with the previous post, detailing the slide will help you to get to know your Glock. Just don't lose those spring cups!

·
Registered
953 Posts
No reason to disassemble the slide unless performing scheduled spring change. The striker and extractor springs should be changed at 5,000 rds. I know, I know, they will go thousands beyond that. Just keep the breach face clean, inspect the extractor under a good light and shoot the snot out of it! But, agree with the previous post, detailing the slide will help you to get to know your Glock. Just don't lose those spring cups!
I agree with "rover" and there is not much to add.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts