Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is pretty cool! Amazing that the bullet doesn't make it farther.

[video=youtube;502KryEguA0]http://youtu.be/502KryEguA0]Glock 22 Underwater High Speed Video - YouTube[/video]

·
Registered
960 Posts
Wow! Awesome video!!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
It looked like the bullet landed not too much before the brass. I'm surprised it didnt go further also.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Pretty cool. If the gun was fired into the water (not submerged) it would've traveled farther. Too much resistance I guess.

Kinda impressive it didn't jam.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I would like to see it go a little further and do a gelatin test at the muzzle to see if it can penetrate and maybe block the barrel (wax plugs) so water doesn't fill it and then test it for penetration.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would like to see it go a little further and do a gelatin test at the muzzle to see if it can penetrate and maybe block the barrel (wax plugs) so water doesn't fill it and then test it for penetration.
ya i'm assuming that the water-filled barrel had a big impact on the resistance of the bullet vs. firing in to water.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I would be curious to see what kind of penetration at say a foot from the barrel a bullet would have.
Say you are in a fight under water and you pulled the trigger would it do any good if the muzzle wasn’t right up against someone?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would doubt it depending on the bullet design. A shorter and fatter bullet like a 9mm or .40 probably would travel as far as a bullet designed to be longer and thinner like a rifle bullet. I'd like to see a comparison side by side both inside and outside water. However; that's what harpoons and depth charges are for!

·
Banned
26 Posts
Pretty cool. If the gun was fired into the water (not submerged) it would've traveled farther. Too much resistance I guess.

Kinda impressive it didn't jam.
To much resistance coming out of the chamber and the barrel so its in slow motion by the time the firing pin hits the primer. If shot outside of water she is near full velocity and would jet through the water way faster than the underwater test.

·
Registered
960 Posts
To much resistance coming out of the chamber and the barrel so its in slow motion by the time the firing pin hits the primer. If shot outside of water she is near full velocity and would jet through the water way faster than the underwater test.
Yep, just what I was thinking! :confused:

Went to the pool today and I looked pretty cool with my 23 and 36 IWB in my swimsuit! Awesome!!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts