Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Could someone please point me in the coerrect direction? I own a glock 23 40m sub compact. I would like to know where I can purchase (from a repeable dealer) a 9mm conversion barrel and the correct magazines to go with them(which ones)? Also I understand it can also convert to a .357. Does someone know if that is correct? Also which barrel and magazines and where to purchase them?
Thank you in advance for your time and knowledge.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
First off, Welcome to the Forum. Your G23 an be converted to 357auto by buying just the conversion barrel, the mags for 40cal and 357auto interchange. For the 9mm you will need coversion barrel and 9mm mags. I have used the Wolfe barrels before and have had no problems. Google Wolfe barrels and you should have a good list, the barrels sell for about $125.

·
Registered
21,516 Posts
welcome and you can convert down but not up due to stucture of the gun. 40 to a 357sig or 9mm. with a sig its same mag with a 9mm different mag. lone wolf is a good choice but there are others like storm lake.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from NW Florida!! What they said^^^^^^^.....

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Texan. Lots of good info already on here, and good discussions. You can find lots on this subject in some existing threads. The search works well if you haven't tried it.

Just in case you haven't gotten this far yet in your planning...9mm ammo is probably one of the toughest to get right now...not to discourage you. I'm all about getting what someone wants. It could be the difference in parting over, might not be all that different than keeping both, and you keep your options too (and get what you want) :cool: After all this current mess goes away, things will probably flip again - 9mm and.40 will be the most common, and .357 Sig one of the higher priced, tougher ammos to find. Talk about weird stuff right now.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Maybe 9mm is more available in your area, but I would consider that before the investment. I am sure it will come back at some point.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a KKM conversion barrel for my G22 and highly recommend them. You don't mention if your G23 is gen3 or gen4, it matters when you convert to 9mm - at least in my experience. Light weight 9mm rounds (115gr) may not have enough energy to fully rack the slide when fired leading to failures. The gen3 uses the same recoil spring in the G23 and the G19, this is NOT the case for the gen4. What I found was that by getting a G17 recoil spring for my gen4 G22 I was able to totally eliminate failures and since using that spring when using the conversion barrel the gun has not had a single failure to feed or eject.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.