Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new so hopefully I posted this right.

But I have a glock 23 gen 3 that has never given me a problem Until a few days ago. The slide kept on locking back even with a full magazine. I took it apart and the spring that locks the slide was flimsy. I put it back and and got it to sit right until I dry fire the weapon and manually rack it back, it will lock even with a magazine in it filled with ammo. But if I don't dry fire it I can cycle through a magazine with no problem. So I don't know what else to do. And before I go to a smith or even buy a new part I'll ask hopefully save a few bucks.

The weapon does have about 2k + rounds through it and is also my primary carry weapon. I do have a BUG but I want my glock back as my primary. I cant have the slide locking in a life or death situation.

Thank you for your help!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Make sure the spring is not caught under the upper pin that keeps the trigger in. (if it is a 3 pin gun) I did that once and it locked everytime the slide came back. It should be under that pin or it will force the slide lock up and lock it back everytime is cycles.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Make sure the spring is not caught under the upper pin that keeps the trigger in. (if it is a 3 pin gun) I did that once and it locked everytime the slide came back. It should be under that pin or it will force the slide lock up and lock it back everytime is cycles.
I agree, not because of my technical knowledge, but it seems I read the same thing on another Forum awhile back.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
If the slide lock is in the correct position and the spring looks weak then just change out the part. It's like $8.00. It could be a bad spring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Texcowboy I love your quote "only bikers know why a dog hangs its head out the window!!

It has 2 pins by the trigger and well 1 by the grips. I did go online and was going to order the piece (which I will probably do) but as I was putting the pin in to lock the trigger the slide lock spring was in the way and as I tried to do it different ways it just doesn't seem to fit right. Also there is no space between the Locking block and pin where (on other glocks I've seen) the spring goes inbetween.

Thank you again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.