Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Thank you for welcoming me as I am new to the Glock Forum.

I recently purchased a gen 4 Glock 26 (I already a 19), when I took it to the range for the first time, I ran 100 or so rounds of a standard federal fmj target ammo, 40-50 rounds of Hornady critical duty, speer gold dot, and cor-bon -all in +p. Everything was smooth except for the Corbon. Every 4th or 5th round there was a failure to eject and then a jam because of it. This happened consistently many times. It did not do that with any other ammo, but oddly, there were no corbon problems with my 19.

So, I contacted Corbon and the main guy in tech support there, who is a certified Glock armor, said that was an odd problem and wanted me to send the gun into him for testing. He uses a 26 as well with no issues. They had the gun for 2 weeks and tested it extensively. The could replicate the problem several times over but they also used a different type of their ammo and had no problem. They called it "power ball". Ultimately, they sent me back the gun with 10 boxes of the same ammo from a different "lot" and said it was working with that stuff and they believed it was a quirk of the shape of that lot of ammo and my gun. He said that gen 4's have had some extractor issues and I could send it to glock for testing.

I then sent it to glock and asked for the extractor to be changed. Glock sent it back to me with a note saying that they tested everything and are shipping it to specs. They took out my aftermarket extended mag release and sent it back with a standard mag release. I wasn't sure if they changed the extractor or not and I called. They told me that they did change it but didn't say if the original one had a problem or not.

I went back to the range and the corbon did it again. The first time on the 5th round fired, then it was fine for 15 rounds, then it did it again.
Overall, I used about 50-60 rounds and this only happened twice, but I don't feel confident in these odds.

I noticed that the problem was that the casing got stuck inside the extractor, it did not slip off, and the stationary pin thing (I don't know the name), was not able to push the round off and out. I am concerned that perhaps the +P at high velocity perhaps is either too much force or runs hot and deforms the brass casing some? I know that each gun can "like or dislike" ammo but I need to understand the science behind this. The guy at corbon runs your 26 with no problems and I know the youtube video that turned me onto Cor-bon to begin with used a Glock 26.

I would greatly value your feedback or thoughts.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Well, I am not an expert on ammo but I'm thinking if it's working fine with no issues with ALL other ammo, stay away from the ammo that seems to be causing the failure. I mean, if it's just one and only one brand, that seems to explain to me that that ammo just isn't a "good match" for your Glock. Just an opinion, good luck! :)

Reactions: RMD

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Well, I am not an expert on ammo but I'm thinking if it's working fine with no issues with ALL other ammo, stay away from the ammo that seems to be causing the failure. I mean, if it's just one and only one brand, that seems to explain to me that that ammo just isn't a "good match" for your Glock. Just an opinion, good luck! :)
That would be the only thing I could think of to suggest also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, that's what I'm thinking too. I just wonder "why" this is happening, it's kind of like a scientific curiosity. Other than that, the 26 was very smooth with the several hundred other rounds and it was extremely accurate for me even at 30yards. Thank you again for your input.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Thank you, that's what I'm thinking too. I just wonder "why" this is happening, it's kind of like a scientific curiosity. Other than that, the 26 was very smooth with the several hundred other rounds and it was extremely accurate for me even at 30yards. Thank you again for your input.
i am kind of like you with the curiosity thing, as a last resort i would seek out a expert gunsmith, not your local gun store or range but an old guy who's been around for a good amount of years who can fix it and/or provide you with answers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts